[[caption-width-right:350:He's finally lost it...]]
->Every time you try to get them do something for their own good, they figure you've got some sort of a hidden agenda.
!This episode contains examples of:
* BatmanGambit: Sheridan's whole scheme to get the League of Non-Aligned Worlds to allow the ''White Stars'' into their territory.
* BatDeduction: Sheridan basically throws a bunch of things out there and lets the League ambassadors "figure out" what's going on. Of course, it doesn't matter ''what'' conclusion they come to, as long as they think it's something they need Sheridan's help to deal with.
* BigYes: After his plan succeeds, Sheridan walks into a transport tube expressionlessly, but as soon as the doors close he lets one loose.
* ContinuityNod: Once again, [[Recap/BabylonFiveS01E21TheQualityOfMercy Lennier lies]] [[Recap/BabylonFiveS02E14ThereAllTheHonorLies to protect others' honor]]. This time he does so to make a point about Delenn's views, in the hope that they learn a lesson.
* EntertaininglyWrong: The League's final conclusion: that there is some new enemy which can only be detected by the ''White Stars''. Therefore, we must have the ''White Stars'' protecting our territories to keep these unseen enemies out. To that end, we will ''force'' Sheridan to deploy them along our borders, giving him any clearances he needs, so he doesn't have any excuses. And through it all, we will remain blissfully unaware that we have done exactly what he wanted us to do.
** A far less fortunate case regarding the Religious Caste subplot; thanks to incomplete information, the members of the Religious Caste think Delenn is about to sell them out to the Warrior Caste. By the time they learn how wrong they were, they've already rigged a device to kill everyone aboard. Thankfully, Lennier overheard ''their'' plans, and managed to stop it before it became lethal to the entire ship.
* GettingCrapPastTheRadar: Unlike the Drazi, who have beady little eyes, the Centauri have "great big eyes, and great big scanners, and great big..." Well. (Note Londo is gesturing to the sides of his torso as he says this; where his people's [[ExoticEquipment tentacles]] are located).
* HappilyFailedSuicide: Once the religious caste members realize Delenn is ''not'' going to allow the Warrior Caste to rule, they rush to turn off the valve releasing the toxic fumes into the ventilation system. Fortunately, Lennier got there and turned it off in time.
* HonorBeforeReason: The Religious Caste leaders decide that they would rather die than allow the ship to reach Minbar when they think Delenn is going to sell them out. [[OhCrap Then they learn just how wrong they were....]]
* LaughingMad: Sheridan at the beginning.
* LoveMakesYouCrazy: His crew suspects that Sheridan is getting all cagey because [[YouNeedToGetLaid Delenn isn't around.]] They idly wonder what he'll be like after she's been gone for longer than a few weeks.
* ScrewThisImOuttaHere: One of Ivanova's top stories is how Clark's entire cabinet resigned in protest of the civilian bombings.
* SuspiciouslySpecificDenial: "Nothing happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened." This is actually an InvokedTrope; nothing ''did'' happen, but Sheridan wants the League of Non-Aligned Worlds to ''think'' something did as part of his BatmanGambit. Poor Ivanova.
* WhatTheHellHero: Lennier to his fellow castemen after [[spoiler:thwarting their suicide attack]]: "Have we fallen so far that we can no longer trust ourselves?"