->''John, whenever something comes into our proximity that has to do with the unknown, your eyes light up like two tiny suns. And do you know what words these two tiny lights spell out? Mine! Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine!''
!This movie contains examples of:
* AbsoluteXenophobe: The Thirdspace aliens are convinced that they alone have the right to exist, and so seek to destroy every other species they encounter.
* AlienGeometries: Once the Artifact activates, a jump point into Thirdspace appears in the middle of it. A shot of the side of the artifact establishes that this jump point does not take up any space in the third dimension. See also BiggerOnTheInside.
* AnotherDimension: Thirdspace is an entirely separate universe, and nothing less than Vorlon-level technology can access it.
* ArtifactOfDoom: The Vorlon portal. Even before it is opened the Thirdspace aliens can use it to extend their telepathic influence into the universe and gain control over people they need to actually open the portal.
* BiggerOnTheInside: The Artifact is, as multiple shots demonstrate, tall and broad, but not very deep. Once it opens, [[spoiler: and Sheridan goes inside of it]], it is shown to be vast and cavernous.
* BrainwashedAndCrazy: Eventually happens to most of the station.
** Not even the Vorlons were immune. The thing was taken by those that had been taken over by the aliens.
* BreakTheHaughty: The Vorlons
* CombatMedic: Franklin leaves Medbay to help people injured in the Brawl, and ends up fighting alongside Zack to protect a hurt woman.
* ContinuitySnarl: This film simply does not ''quite'' fit anywhere in the show, continuity-wise, which is unusual for a MythArc show like ''Series/BabylonFive''. Various issues include the presence and absence of particular characters, Zack Allen's wearing of the new uniform, and the destruction of an entire fighter squadron just not lining up at all in the relatively narrow space of episodes in the fourth season that the film is supposed to fit into, between the Shadow War and the Earth Alliance Civil War.
** The best-known B5 fan site, the [[http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/112.html#AN Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5]], places it ''during'' the episode "[[Recap/BabylonFiveS04E09Atonement Atonement]]", or possibly just before it if the "tailoring" scene in "Atonement" were interpreted as not the initial fitting, but an adjustment shortly after the initial fitting (after all, [[Recap/BabylonFiveS03E05VoicesOfAuthority Zack's uniforms never fit right]]). And even that is problematic - Vir states that Londo is back on Centauri Prime, but he doesn't seem to have left the station since "[[Recap/BabylonFiveS04E08TheIllusionOfTruth The Illusion of Truth]]".
** Lyta is shown getting regular work from two men despite later episodes making it clear that she's had no income since the Vorlons left as nobody will hire her since she's a rogue.
*** One possible explanation: businesses couldn't legally hire her but verifying testimony in a personal dispute between relatives may not require such rigor, or the brothers were so exasperated they didn't care.
* DeadpanSnarker: Commander Ivanova.
* DeflectorShields: The Artifact, when activated, is protected by a nigh-impervious shield. Ditto for [[spoiler: the ships that begin to exit from it.]]
* EvilTowerOfOminousness: Thirdspace.
* FaintingSeer: Lyta is being plagued by Vorlon memories of what the Artifact really is and faints more than once while trying to warn or stop the others.
* FlingALightIntoTheFuture: This is apparently part of Lyta's function should the younger races encounter anything the Vorlons accidentally left behind.
* GreaterScopeVillain: The Thirdspace aliens. The Vorlons were terrified of them. It took the combined efforts of all the first ones ''including'' the Shadows just to drive them out of our universe, which is about all you need to know.
* ImmuneToBullets: The scout ships used by [[spoiler: the Thirdspace Aliens]] are impervious to the weapons mounted on [[SpaceFighter Starfuries]], [[spoiler: thanks to their DeflectorShields.]]
* InfernalRetaliation: A Narn security guard's arm is set on fire during a brawl late in the film. Rather than try to extinguish it, he proceeds instead to beat his opponent senseless with the burning arm.
* InterdimensionalTravelDevice: The Vorlon gateway. They believed that it would allow them to AscendToAHigherPlaneOfExistence. Instead it just opened a path to a hellish other dimension.
* JewsLoveToArgue: The Rosen brothers. They've been at it for ten years.
* LoveConfession: When Zack encounters Lyta alone in a turbolift he takes the opportunity to tell her he likes her. She, however, is in a Vorlon-induced trance brought about by the presence of the Artifact, and doesn't seem aware of what's going on. Zack takes this to mean she's not interested.
* LovecraftLite: Mind-altering aliens from another dimension who the heroes have to deal with because some of [[SufficientlyAdvancedAliens The First Ones]] got a bit [[AGodAmI overly confident of themselves]] and [[NeglectfulPrecursors failed to clean up after themselves.]]
* MadnessMantra: Lyta keeps repeating, "There is danger, remember."
** Also crosses with RoomFullOfCrazy when she writes it all over the walls of her quarters.
* MoreTeethThanTheOsmondFamily: The Thirdspace bugs.
* MutualKill: During the space battle, a White Star and a Thirdspace scout get into a close fight and blow each other apart in short order.
* NavalBlockade: The ongoing one between Earth and B5 is mentioned in the opening voiceover, along with the problems in getting supplies its causing.
* NiceJobBreakingItHero: The Vorlons never thought about what might come out when they opened the gate.
** And of course, our heroes found it and brought it home with them.
** IPX deserves special mention, as considering they were the ones who woke up the Shadows on Za'ha'dum, this is now the ''second'' race of horribly evil aliens who want to cause death and destruction on a massive scale that they've managed to wake up. Nice going, guys.
* NuclearOption: [[WhenAllYouHaveIsAHammer Captain Sheridan's]] plan, no less.
** This led to Boxleitner himself nicknaming his character "Nuke 'Em."
** The Vorlons, speaking through Lyta, admit this as the cause. They began to believe those who thought they [[AGodAmI were gods]].
** Sheridan, who thought that B5 had the capability to safely study the Artifact without professional help (he was convinced otherwise by the [=IPX=] representative, who rightly pointed out that Sheridan's people might accomplish nothing, or they might accidentally blow themselves up.)
** The [=IPX=] rep earns no points, however, when she proceeds to nearly do exactly that, thanks to the Artifact's [[MindControl influence]] on almost anyone nearby.
* RealityWarper: The artifact begins affecting minds and draining power as soon as it enters Babylon 5 space, and that's before it's even turned on.
* RecycledINSPACE: Heavily inspired by Creator/HPLovecraft, [[WordOfGod according to the producers]].
* RefugeInAudacity: Sheridan's plan is nothing if not straightforward, [[spoiler: cruising out to the Artifact in a space suit and sticking a nuke to it.]]
* SpacePirates: The Raiders, who appear in the film's intro in a dogfight with Commander Ivanova and Delta Squadron.
* StarfishAlien: The Thirdspace aliens look like...a beanbag chair on a bunch of tentacles.
** They were intentionally designed by the producers to be as alien as possible, so that the viewer would take one look at them, and decide that they looked fundamentally ''wrong'' somehow.
* SufficientlyAdvancedAlien: The Thirdspace aliens are even older than the Vorlons were.
** Sheridan expresses this of his own plan, once he sets out [[spoiler: to navigate his way through a massive, ongoing fleet battle to sneak aboard the Artifact and plant a nuke, in a dinky spacesuit.]]
** Where most characters would have suffered a HeroicBSOD, or at least an OhCrap moment, Ivanova merely expresses one of these when she realizes that [[spoiler: an entire fleet of massive Thirdspace alien warships]] is about to come out of the artifact. She seems less worried and more ''exasperated'' that the universe has found a new way to torment her. Obviously overlaps with ThisIsGonnaSuck.
-->'''Ivanova''': Oh, ''give me a break!''