''Franchise/RatchetAndClank'' is a platforming & third-person shooter series that stars Ratchet, a gun-wielding Lombax, and his robot friend Clank. Although the game is animated and is generally rated E10+ or T by the ESRB, they often get away with certain things that defy their kid-friendly ratings. Hell, even developers Insomniac Games stated that Ratchet & Clank's main audience isn't kids, but late teenagers and adults.
[[folder: In General ]]
* Almost every title of the series contains a sexual joke or pun. "Going Commando", "Up Your Arsenal", "Size Matters", and "Full Frontal Assault" are a few examples. Some were so explicit that Sony shot their idea down and forced them to replace it with one that was less explicit: the original title of "A Crack In Time" was going to be "Clock Blockers," and "All 4 One" had working titles such as "4-Play", "Bros before Foes" and "Fiends with Benefits".
* The focal point of the games are guns: shotguns, handguns, rifles, grenades, nuclear bombs, flamethrowers, tazers, etc. Some may be wacky, like a burp gun, or a dance-hypnosis mine, but most of them are realistic guns that fire bullets. In ''Tools of Destruction'', when a weapon is fired, red blood spills from the creature, although sometimes the blood is green for the centipedes.
* The Crotchitizer is depicted as either a dildo or a self-masturbation device. Constant jokes about it were made in ''Up Your Arsenal'', and it has returned in the recent games, such as ''All 4 One'' and ''Full Frontal Assault''.
[[folder:Ratchet & Clank]][[note]]Rated T for Mild Violence[[/note]]
* The cover art in the back tells you to "blow $@!& up".
* In Blackwater City, the (in)famous trick where performing flips over the hoverboard race announcer's head will cause her boobs to enlarge. See it in action [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRaMIW8Z2cM here]].
* One moment that didn't get past the Radar in the original game; in demos for this game when you're watching Qwark's infobot for Umbris and see the pic of him fixing a dam leak with his finger, there is a sign hanging nearby that says "Leaky Dyke". While the pic of Qwark fixing the dam leak is still in the game, the sign was obviously removed.
** However, the uncensored "Leaky Dyke" sign appeared later in Qwark's flashback in ''Up Your Arsenal'' not once, but ''twice'', but it [[FreezeFrameBonus goes by so fast that it's very easy to miss.]]
* After giving Ratchet the Swingshot:
-->'''Ratchet:''' I bet Captain Quark uses stuff like this all the time.
-->'''Helga:''' Please! Real men can swing without silly toys like that!
* One of the unlockable spoof magazine covers is blatantly a robot girly mag.
* A skill point you earn on Veldin for killing ten Troopers with the wrench is called "Going Commando."
* During the commercial for the Hygienator with Qwark, he states that it can take care of any grooming needs. Qwark then turns it on to "demonstrate" and it cuts to a shot of Ratchet and Clank watching the ad. Ratchet closes his eyes, but Clank is [[HoYay suprisingly into it]]. Cue excessive moaning from Qwark.
--> '''Ratchet:''' Turn it off, TURN IT OFF!
* The robotic lieutenant on the planet Eudora, as soon as he spots Ratchet [[BringMyBrownPants drops an Infobot from his behind]].
[[folder:Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando]][[note]]Rated T for Mild Violence[[/note]]
* The title. It was changed to "Ratchet & Clank: Locked & Loaded" for the European edition.
* The Platinum Trophy for the game is called "He Went Commando".
* After it is revealed that [[spoiler: Abercrombie Fizzwidget is really Qwark in disguise:]]
-->'''Angela Cross:''' Alright, just what the *boop* is going on?
* At the end of the game, Qwark tries out the Crotchitizer. It grabs his crotch and begins twisting it, causing Qwark to scream in pain.
* The infobot for Planet Snivelak:
-->'''Thugs-4-Less Leader:''' Cause I've got wind!... Err, I mean, I'm like the wind! You never know where I might show up next. And I blow hard, and I can be cooling on a warm summer day...
* The cutscene introducing planet Barlow has this from one of the Desert Riders;
-->'''Rider:''': Before I became a desert rider, I didn't fit in anywheres. I had low self-esteem, bad breath, and...thing for ladies' undergarments.
* On the back of the game, it says, "Kicking @$$ one planet at a time".
* [[spoiler: During TheReveal when Fizzwidget reveals himself to be Qwark in disguise, the camera shows him from the back and looks like he's opening his fly. Ratchet freaks out.]]
[[folder:Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal]][[note]]Rated T[[/note]]
* The title. Again. Edited to "Ratchet & Clank 3" in other parts of the world.
* The Nature's Mysteries TV commerical:
-->"I seen 'im run right through our camping site. He was butt-naked, screaming, and holding a bananner! Or, maybe it weren't a bananner... It could be- ONE OF NATURE'S MYSTERIES!"
* On Planet Marcadia, when the President is introduced to Ratchet:
-->'''President:''' My daughter tells me you're a man who's good with his hands, Ratchet.
-->'''Ratchet:''' Sir, I swear, I never!
* The Courtney Gears music video. It features her doing suggestive moves and pole-dancing.
** After the video, Ratchet makes breasts with his hands, and pretends to do her sexy dances.
* When Qwark rounds up everyone for the Q-Force, he picks Helga for her "sensual powers of seduction".
* During Qwark's "funeral":
-->'''President:''' The man was a hero...
-->'''Clank: [[spoiler:(actually Klunk)]]''' What a load of bullsh- *slapped by Ratchet*
* Sometimes the announcer for Annihilation Nation screams, "Oh baby, let's get it on!"
* When Dr. Nefarious malfunctions, he suddenly switches to "[[IncestIsRelative Oh, Lance! I can't, it's not right. You're my cousin's uncle's son!]]"[[note]]In other words, her brother.[[/note]].
* During the first Arena Battle in Metropolis:
-->'''Galactic Ranger:''' Holy shit, he survived! I can't... I mean, I mean, I mean, we never doubted you, Sarge.
* During the ride to Zeldrin Starport:
-->'''Qwark:''' Stand down, soldier. This is your captain speaking!
-->'''Ratchet:''' Captain, my a-
--> *random chaos and exclamations can be heard*
-->'''Ratchet:''' Don't sit on the flight stick!
* This gem:
-->'''Qwark:''' I'll bet your prom date came in a box that said "batteries not included"!
* Courtney Gears tries to seduce Clank. It doesn't work.
-->'''Gears:''' I've got a few secrets of my own that might need your "special" investigation.
-->'''Clank:''' Uh, yes, um... *Ahem* I will report your concerns to the proper authorities.
* A conversation with Skrunch the monkey:
-->'''Qwark:''' It was mating season! How was I to know she was your sister? *notices Ratchet and Clank [[spoiler:(actually Klunk)]]* Uh... heh... Uh, how long have you two been standing there?
-->'''Clank: [[spoiler:(actually Klunk)]]''' Too long.
* After finding out Qwark abandoned them at the Crash Site:
-->'''Clank:''' We must have just missed them. This pocket crotchitizer is still warm.
-->'''Ratchet:''' Aw, gross!
* During Skidd's robot transformation at Obani Draco:
-->'''Skidd:''' Woah, like, I never knew you were this kinky, Miss Gears.
* This conversation:
-->'''Nefarious:''' My, my, Qwark, you've put on a lot of weight!
-->'''Qwark:''' Yeah? Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind. *winks*
-->'''Lance:''' But that's what makes it so good, Janice. Feel it; my heart is pounding like an anvil!
-->'''Lawrence:''' Oh, this is the best part of my day. *hits Nefarious*
* Qwark Vid-Comic 4:
-->'''Janice:''' The baby isn't yours.
-->'''Lance:''' What? Who? Who is the father?
-->'''Janice:''' Oh! Your evil twin brother, Englebert!
-->'''Lance:''' But Janice... I AM Engelbert!
* Qwark is dressed up in drag for the Supernova Taxi to come pick him up, with big boobs for maximum effect. And then we get this gem:
-->'''Qwark:''' Do you have a spare charge pack for this thing?
-->'''Taxi Driver:''' B20 crotchitizer huh? This gets better every second!
* When Al shows Ratchet Vid Comic #5:
-->'''Al:''' We found something... ''interesting'' in Qwark's quarters.
-->'''Ratchet:''' Hey, if it's another crotchitizer, I don't even wanna-
* In the command center, Ratchet has this conversation with a Tyhrannoid in Tyhranesse:
-->'''Ratchet:''' Look, if you let me through, I'll lend you my "Amoeboids Gone Wild" holo-disc..
-->'''Tyhrannoid:''' Director's cut?
-->'''Ratchet:''' Of course. You won't believe what those slimy coeds are doing when the cameras are rolling!
* After Qwark breaks into Nefarious' headquarters:
-->'''Nefarious:''' Whoever kills his ass first gets a free ''lube job'' from me!
* During the introduction of an Annihilation Nation contestant:
-->'''Announcer:''' Fred is a Gadgetron accountant who claims he once had a Morph-o-ray go off in his pants. What a champ! [[note]] In case you don't get the joke, the Morph-O-Ray is a gun that turns things into chickens. [[StealthPun His cock became a cock!]] [[/note]]
* On the manual, it states that "Ratchet will uncork the next smartass who gets in his way".
* On Aquatos Ratchet and Clank find Slim Cognito hiding out after ‘A small run in with the cops concerning a Suck Cannon upgrade which was mistakenly sold to a minor’. Now consider what ‘alternative’ uses a teenager (although gender was undisclosed) might have for essentially a supercharged vacuum cleaner.
[[folder:Ratchet: Deadlocked]][[note]]Rated T for Fantasy Violence, Mild Language[[/note]]
* Many of the skill points.
** All Balls.
** The Turn-On
** Drunk on Joy
** Get Some Balls
* "Ooh... it makes you wet, doesn't it?"
* When [[spoiler: The Dreadzone Arena is about to get blown up]], you hear the announcers go through a GetAHoldOfYourselfMan scene. It sounds a lot like roleplay. In case you're too dense to catch it, [[LampshadeHanging the male one comments]] on how hot it was to call his female co-host [[IncestIsRelative "Mama."]]
[[folder:Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters]][[note]]Rated E10+ for Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence[[/note]]
* The title. Yet AGAIN.
[[folder: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction]][[note]]Rated E10+ for Alcohol Reference, Animated Blood, Crude Humor, Fantasy Violence, Language[[/note]]
* "You killed his parents, you burned down his home, well, you actually didn't do any of that stuff, but he's pissed off anyway."
* "The Alpha Disruptor is guaranteed to deliver a galactic can of whoopass."
* On Planet Ardolis, Captain Slag and Rusty Pete sing this:
-->Me hearties sing chanties of girls in loose panties
-->Who linger by the shore
-->For sixpence I'll love 'er, then ditch that landlubber
-->A pirate evermore!
* In the Rakar Star Cluster, one of the aerial fights is against a boss named "Iron Crotch Caruso".
** You also get a skill point for killing the "Iron Crotch" in under 2:30.
* "Watch where your swinging that thing! Almost cut me bloody head off!"
* Qwark's color commentary during Ratchet's arena battles provides some eyebrow raising moments. When Ratchet is fighting two huge enemies at once, Qwark says this:
--> Hasn't seen two on one action like that since the new Courtney Gears video hit the web!
** Qwark also mentions starring in the Hero Sandwich.
* "SON OF A BITCH!"
* This conversation about testicles:
-->'''Zephyr:''' You rookies got the stones for a HALO jump?
-->'''Clank:''' I do not understand. What are stones? Do I have them?
-->'''Ratchet:''' I'll tell you later. And, no.
* "Attention lads! Usage of IRIS supercomputer is restricted to educational purposes only. Do not download games, music or... alternative cinema without me approval!"
* On Planet Ardolis:
-->'''Captain Slag:''' Pete! Skewer that saucy wench!
-->'''Rusty Pete:''' Aye, Cap'n! Skewering! (sounds of metal clashing)
-->'''Captain Slag:''' ''Arr!'' Me wee cannonballs!
[[folder:Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty]][[note]]Rated E10+ for Fantasy Violence, Use of Alcohol[[/note]]
* The title. AGAIN.
* After sighting the BS-33 Omegatron station:
-->'''Ratchet:''' At least we know what the BS stands for.
* "Aw, S%&$#!"
** Edited to "Aw, crap!" for the European version.
* An exceptionally overt example, wherein SpacePirate Rusty Pete describes a NoodleIncident which heavily implies he went to a party and got extremely drunk, then... well...
-->'''Rusty Pete:''' Well, I was a bit sauced at the time. Woke up three days later wearing an evening gown and spooning a Kerchu.
[[folder:Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time]][[note]]Rated E10+ for Animated Blood, Comic Mischief, Fantasy Violence[[/note]]
* The original title was supposed to be "Clock Blockers".
* "I'm just a BLOODY head on a BLOODY stick!"
* "Oh crap! Abort! Abort!"
* During the battle with Ratchet:
-->'''Azimuth:''' Aw, shit!
* The end of the game has Snowball raping Qwark. You see him thrusting back and forth, while Qwark says...
-->'''Qwark:''' Hey! Don't touch my goods!
[[folder:Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One]][[note]]Rated E10+ for Crude Humor, Fantasy Violence, Language[[/note]]
* The list of all the original titles.
** "Bros b4 Foes"
** "Fiends with Benefits"
** "Multiple Organisms"
* The platinum trophy for the game is called 4-Play.
-->'''Nefarious:''' Kick some squishy ass!
* After getting his ship knocked down:
-->'''Nefarious:''' Son of a- BLAAGGGGH!
* Qwark says this quite a lot when you play with him:
-->'''Qwark:''' I'm gonna deliver a galactic can of whoop-ass.
* After Qwark is implied to have slept with someone during the journey:
-->'''Ratchet:''' Quit screwing people, Qwark!
* After leaving Luminopolis and heading out to Aldaros Plains:
-->'''Qwark:'''"Bad news, my friends. I think I left my hero underwear back in Luminopolis...my presidential pair is a bit too tight on the crotch."
* Sometimes when playing with Clank, he will say this:
-->'''Clank:''' "I will respect your right to attack, but I am afraid after this fight your logic may only revert back at you in your stones."
** Doubles as a reference to ''TOD'', in which Clank asks what stones are and where he has them.
* This conversation:
-->'''Qwark:''' OH GOD! This sucks!
-->'''Nefarious:''' You know who else sucks?
-->'''Nefarious:''' YOU DO!!! HA HA HA!!!
* This exchange between Clank & Qwark:
-->'''Clank:''' ''[to Commander Spog]'' I know someone who can fix you.
-->'''Qwark:''' Well I don't mean to brag, but I did modify my crochitizer with a vibrate function that I like to call: "The Happy Platypus".
* For the "Copernicus Qwark" manual inside the art, it says "CROTCHETIZER ENABLED".
[[folder: Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault]][[note]]Rated E10+ for Comic Mischief, Fantasy Violence[[/note]]
* The title. [[OverlyLongGag AGAIN]]. Edited to "Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force" in other countries.
* During the opening sequence, Ratchet mentions Qwark's "private sector". Clank starts to chuckle.
* After finding out who Zurgo is on the Korgon Refinery:
-->'''Qwark:''' He wrote some pretty disturbing fanfiction...
* After the Phoenix II gets hijacked by Zurgo:
-->'''Zurgo:''' All those arrests and scandals! The nude pictures! The protopets! The malfunctioning crotchitizers!
* When Zurgo transforms into Qwark to ruin his reputation:
-->'''Zurgo:''' I'm a big, narcissistic blowhard!
* After Zurgo admits his plot to assassinate Qwark over the Phoenix II speakers:
-->'''Zurgo:''' You know, those things in your room that you don't want your parents to see... because you're dead!
[[folder: Ratchet & Clank comics]]
[[folder: Volume 1: Ears of War ]]
* "Ah, crap."
[[folder: Volume 2: Friends With Benefits ]]
* The title.
* "You know I was this close to breaking my ass out of here?"
[[folder: Volume 4: Thanks for the Armories ]]
* "Oh, crap."
[[folder: Volume 5: Multiple Organisms ]]
* The TITLE.
* "Holy crap! ...No, I mean holy crap, I didn't know what this was and almost used it to make pancakes last summer."