Much like ''WesternAnimation/TheSimpsons'', ''WesternAnimation/FamilyGuy'' realistically wouldn't qualify for GettingCrapPastTheRadar since that trope is mostly for shows that are family-friendly or kid-friendly, and ''Family Guy'' is neither, despite it having a PeripheryDemographic of younger viewers. The show carries a TV-14 rating in America and a 15 or 18 rating in the UK for a reason.
On the other hand, SethMacFarlane does go out of its way to make FOX censors squirm and cry with his brand of offensive, often dark humor on this show and, to a lesser extent, his other shows (''WesternAnimation/AmericanDad'' and ''TheClevelandShow''). FOX does catch some of this and ask [=MacFarlane=] and company to change it (with the original scenes appearing on Creator/AdultSwim and/or DVD), but people make mistakes, and sometimes they don't catch everything:
* In ''Brian Sings and Swings'', Meg inadvertently joins the [[LesYay Lesbian Alliance Club]] after making friends with a teenaged lesbian who thinks Meg is one too. She discovers this from a poster that says "[[CountryMatters See You Next Tuesday]]" on it.
** In that vein, ''Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story'' has Quagmire setting up a "Cross-Country Tour" where he bangs a different woman in each state. Brian reads it and notices Quagmire misspelled "country" in "Quagmire's Cross-Country Tour".
-->'''Brian:''' 'Quagmire's Cross-Country Tour'. Uh, isn't there an "O" in 'country'?
* In ''One if By Clam, Two if By Sea'', Stewie mouths "fuck you" to Brian to test his ultrasonic hearing skills after Eliza wets herself and goes back to speaking Cockney English (dogs can hear at frequencies that humans cannot, which is why a dog whistle is silent to humans, but dogs will immediately react to it).
-->'''Brian''': I'm telling.
-->'''Stewie''': No, wait! I said 'vacuum'!
* There's a joke about a "Cleveland Steamer" in "Mr. Saturday Knight". What makes it even funnier is that the original joke used the less-vulgar term "half and half" which the censors wouldn't allow. Seth said it was one of the most vile jokes they'd ever gotten away with, and that was mostly because the censors assumed that "Cleveland steamer" had something to do with the character of Cleveland (Peter's token black friend who now has his own show) and didn't know it was a sexual term.
* The episode PTV is one big episode that got past the radar entirely (and yet, the real FCC found the episode hysterical rather than brand SethMacFarlane as a menace to society, like the Parents Television Council does to [=MacFarlane=] on a regular basis). In fact, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDPT0Ph5rA one song from the episode]] shows all the episodes that got crap past radar from that point (and some new stuff they added, like Stewie spanking Brian in S&M gear, Peter replacing Janet Jackson on the infamous WardrobeMalfunction incident, and Peter flashing his breasts on Howard Stern's radio show). Not to mention that song actually has the word "fellatio."
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD4YnzGZ8TM This is an anal beads joke]]. Even for a TV-14 show this is impressive. ("Cool Hand Peter")
-->'''Quagmire''': [[LampshadeHanging We all know what's happening. The kids don't know, but we do.]]
* Both from "Welcome Back, Carter":
** Carter: Ahh, that was excellent. When I clenched it, you took your fingers away. You were right to do that.
** When Babs wakes Carter in the middle of the night he says " Its okay Lois, Daddy's just taking your temperature."
* In "Tom Tucker: The Man and His Dream", Chris brings home a girlfriend who looks like a younger Lois. The rest of the cast is surprised, and Stewie remarks that Chris was getting "Oedipussy". Brian even asks Stewie if they could even say that, to which Stewie replies, "We just did."
* From''Sibling Rivalry'', a lesbian (who looks like the gym teacher who told Meg's class to take their tops off, get in the shower, and bounce around for her pleasure) and her partner tell the sperm bank clerk that they want a baby and need the following: a vial of sperm and an applicator that looks like JodieFoster's knuckles.
* [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLHc-aqPZUs This scene from season four's "The Fat Guy Strangler"]]
* In season two's "I Am Peter, Hear Me Roar", Quagmire says "Hey, look at me! I'm the man in the boat!" [[note]] "man in the boat" is a slang term for the clitoris.[[/note]] This episode was made ''pre-cancellation'', when ''Family Guy'' had thin radar sheets. ("I Am Peter, Hear Me Roar" from season two)
* From "Valentine's Day in Quahog," Stewie's advice to Meg before a date: "Remember to ask questions about him. Seem interested. Listen. Giggle. SWALLOW."
** One of Brian's ex girlfriends is a Mogwai from Gremlins who he says can't get wet. It could be a reference to vaginal lubrication, and hence why it didn't work out with her.
* The Georgia O'Keefe cutaway from season eleven's "Chris Cross" where an interviewer asks her what her paintings represent and she reflects: "That's a really good question..." She ponders for a moment, then starts moving her tongue up and down and back and forth as if she's performing cunnilingus. Many of O'Keefe's paintings of flowers looked a lot like female genitalia.
* The cutaway from season seven's "FOX-y Lady" where Ellen Degeneres's breath smells strongly of fish.
* From season eleven's "Bigfat":
** "You can get your HOCKEY PUCKED in Canadian nudie bars."
* From season ten's "You Can't Do That on Television, Peter":
** Stewie: "Do you think Mother Maggie is married to Father Fa-oh, probably not."
* In the episode "New Kidney in Town", where Peter takes a liking to energy drinks, he buys a cow. His teenaged son, Chris, also starts drinking energy drinks. Both of them then live in CaffeineBulletTime. We then see Peter milking the cow so fast it causes the cow's udders to burst into flame. A few seconds later, we see Chris panicking and running downstairs, with his pants on fire.
* From "Bill and Peter's Bogus Journey":
-->'''Secret Service Agent''': It seems (Bill Clinton) blew a tire in front of your house.
-->'''Peter''': Boy, that guy is really horny, isn't he?
* "No Chris Left Behind" has Morningwood Academy.
* In season ten's "Amish Guy", Quagmire lists off everything he's "eaten" from a book. "Ginger, Olive, Honey, this may be the wrong book."
* In "Forget-Me-Not" Brian asks Peter if he wants to hit the Clam, Peter's response:
-->'''Peter''': Nah, Lois ain't in the mood, let's just go to a bar
** For those who don't get it, Clam is a [[DontExplainTheJoke slang term for female genitalia]]
*** A similar joke from season twelve's "A Fistful of Meg":
**** "My moms are going out of town to a scrapbooking and clam bake retreat.. They'll just be scissoring stuff and eating clams all weekend."
* From season twelve's "Life of Brian":
** I'm a pussy hound...that just means I'm 1/16th cat."
* The whole "Eggnog" scene with Peter and Carter in season twelve's "Christmas Guy".
** From that same episode, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGMU-s9t17k Peter's small cog]].
* The "Debussy" scene in season twelve's "Peter Problems". Lampshaded when the "studio audience" throws rose bouquets after the joke is made.