%%Keep in mind that this trope is for when things are snuck into the show by implication or hidden or obscured in some fashion. An adult concept, even something sexual, being presented directly to the audience is not the trope.
[[caption-width-right:294:Sokka, fifteen and ReadyForLovemaking.]]
With all of its questionable content and violence, ''WesternAnimation/AvatarTheLastAirbender'' is sure to have a lot of moments where the censors weren't guarding their posts.
[[folder: Season One ]]
* In "The Fortuneteller", Aang comes in beaming after eavesdropping on Katara's fortune
-->'''Sokka:''' Looks like someone had a pretty good bathroom break.\\
'''Aang:''' Y-yeah... when I was in there...\\
'''Sokka:''' [[ADateWithRosiePalms I don't even want to know.]]
** Meng calls Katara a [[SlutShaming "floozy"]] [[ReallyGetsAround (a girl or a woman who has many casual sexual partners)]].
* In "The Waterbending Scroll," when Katara is running from the pirates, she runs right into Zuko, who overpowers her with no effort and ties her to a tree. When he tries to bribe her to tell him where Aang is, his face is very close to her head, and he reveals her necklace in a way that looks like he's about to put his hands around her neck. Think about it, Katara is helplessly tied to a tree, hands behind her back, and Zuko gets his face and hands dangerously close to her in a way that looks almost sexual. Thank God they didn't make Zuko try to take advantage of her. Later, one of the pirates begins to lower his trousers to ''moon'' Zuko. The camera cuts away just before the nudity is exposed.
[[folder: Season Two ]]
* People who now a thing or two about drugs will notice that the effects of the Chi enhancing tea in "The Avatar State" are [[GRatedDrug suspisiously similar]] to cocaine.
* In "The Cave of Two Lovers" the gang meets a group of nomads. Their behavior is basically that of a [[TheStoner stereotypical hippie]], bags under the eyes and all, and their leader is named [[ShoutOut Chong]].
* In "Bitter Work," Aang has to learn how to stand up to things like an Earthbender. Toph ends up going through his things and stealing [[VisualInnuendo his bag of nuts and his staff]], which she uses to crack the nuts. Only in the end he has the balls to demand them back. The [[DoubleEntendre "delicate instrument"]] line from this scene doesn't help.
* In "The Earth King" there is a scene where Zuko dreams about a [[SnakesAreSexy serpentine]] dragon encircling him closely and whispering in his ear with Azula's voice, in a tone that can only be described as extremely seductive. Its exact words are "It's getting late, are you planning to retire soon, my lord? ...Relax, Fire Lord Zuko. Just let go. Give in to it. Sleeep." The [[IncestSubtext Incest "Subtext"]] in that scene gets pretty close to just being "text", and would be pretty blatantly sexual even if the voice belonged to someone else.
* The titular drill in "The Drill". This may have intentional innuendo on the writers' part; but a long, narrow drill, penetrating through a hole that explodes with a goopey mess when it blows up on the inside? Said mess is coated all over everyone by the end, Sokka's trying to brush it off his tongue, the war minister looks at it with disgust as it smears down the watchtower window, it flies up so high it hits Sung from atop the wall, and of course, as it spews out the back of the drill in overflow, Toph says this line:
-->'''Toph:''' [[FreudWasRight HERE IT COMES!!]]
** Now what does all ''that'' remind you of?? And now you know the ''real'' reason Mai refused to follow Ty Lee down into the slurry.
[[folder: Season Three ]]
* The dance in "The Headband" could be regarded as GRatedSex. Starts out slow and measured... and winds up with Katara and Aang panting and sweating profusely.
--> '''Katara''': Aang, everyone's watching us...\\
'''Aang''': Don't worry about them. It's just you and me right now...
* The Painted Lady, who appears in the episode of the same name, is a spirit that helps the people of an oppressed fishing village. However, "painted lady" can also refer to a whore or a prostitute. This is funnier if you remember that the spirit only appears to help at night.
* "The Beach": Zuko argues with his girlfriend and leaves the party they were in. One of guys shouts "Have fun by yourself, loser boy" and the other guy replies with "nice", [[ADateWithRosiePalms complimenting him on his mock]].
* "Nightmares and Daydreams"
** Zuko's and Mai's behavior. Keep in mind Mai has an entire house to herself (the website states her family is still in Omashu), and Zuko got rid of the chaperones earlier in the episode. At one point, the camera cuts away while they're together at Mai's house late at night and we see Zuko wearing his hair in a top knot. When the show returns to their side of the story the next morning, Zuko is ''still'' there, lounging on her couch, that is in her bedroom, wearing the same clothes, with a badly messed up head of hair.
** In one of Aang's dreams, he meets Firelord Ozai and makes fun of him for not covering his penis:
--> Aang: Your days of tyranny are over, Fire Lord!
--> Ozai: Really? You're gonna take me out? You're not even wearing pants!
--> Aang: No, Fire Lord Ozai, you're not wearing pants!
--> Ozai: NOOOOO! My [[UnusualEuphemism royal parts]] are showing!"
* "The Day of Black Sun":
** One to do with death rather than sex--although they couldn't directly show casualties, over the course of the battle in "Part 1: The Invasion", the number of Water Tribe warriors and Earth Kingdom soldiers we see noticeably dwindles.
** Azula's downright lecherous line in "Part 2: The Eclipse" about Suki being her "favorite prisoner".
* "The Boiling Rock"
* "The Southern Raiders"
** This episode is (in)famous among the fandom for what is a ''truly epic'' instance of this trope. Zuko bumps into a very flustered Suki on the way to Sokka's tent, and she hurriedly excuses herself. He walks into Sokka's tent to ask him a question and finds him [[ReadyForLovemaking pants-less and surrounded by flowers and candles]]. He even greets Zuko with a suggestive "Well helloooo..." before he realizes who it is. After a short talk, he rushes Zuko out and sticks his head out to call for Suki. And if there was any doubt, Sokka is shown the next morning [[DidYouJustHaveSex fiddling with a flower necklace]], for no apparent reason except to indicate [[VisualPun he got lei'd]].
** Zuko and Katara converse a little right after he saves her from falling rocks, his hand is ''very awkwardly'' placed near her breast to prevent it from looking like he is [[ThanksForTheMammary groping it.]]
*** This becomes even more hilarious with the conversation Zuko and Sokka have later.
--->Sokka: So what's on your mind?
--->Zuko: Your sister.
[[folder: Others ]]
* Aang using "monkey feathers" as an apparent [[GoshDangItToHeck swear]], the pronunciation of which is an almost perfect anagram of "motherfucker".
* The fact that Zuko and Azula's subtext was about [[BrotherSisterIncest two inches away from being text]] the entire series. Really, it's surprising that they had subtext at all, considering this was a kids' show. To take that a step further, the fact that Azula generally looks and sounds like she's coming on to whoever she happens to be talking to at the moment raises some [[TheVamp questionable implications]].