'''Basic Trope''': A character helps another because that's what the other character would do for the first.
* '''Straight''': Michelle helps Donald, and to his question only replies, "YouWouldDoTheSameForMe."
* '''Exaggerated''': Michelle, who is omnipotent, comes in and fixes everything wrong in Donald's life, because she believes that if he were omnipotent, he would do the same for her.
* '''Downplayed''': ???
** Donald has proven his commitment to Michelle.
** Donald has proven he makes a good friend and a ''very bad'' enemy.
** Michelle helps Donald because he ''wouldn't'' help her, to disprove NotSoDifferent.
** Michelle doesn't help Donald because he ''would'' help her, either ForTheEvulz ot to teach him a lesson about trusting no one.
** Michelle doesn't help Donald because he wouldn't help her.
* '''Subverted''': Michelle claims this...and then we find out she screwed Donald over.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** ...Except this was a BatmanGambit to help Donald. [[TrainingFromHell Just as he would do for her.]]
** But [[NoSocialSkills Michelle]] didn't understand that, and tries to put it right.
* '''Parodied''': Michelle does this for someone she's just met, on the grounds that RousseauWasRight. Donald is bewildered.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Michelle wasn't really trying to help at all! Until we find out she has NoSocialSkills, and thought that was helping. Then she tries to put it right...what? That's terrible! But Donald emerges better from it, so that was her plan all along, except [[FlipFlopOfGod that last is never confirmed]].
** [[BlackAndGrayMorality People don't help each other...]]
** [[WhiteAndGrayMorality ...Or people expect nothing in return.]]
* '''Enforced''': "C'mon, we need to establish how much she trusts him, just have her help him out and then spout [[StockPhrases some line]]."
* '''Lampshaded''': "Well, that was a contrived trust exercise."
* '''Invoked''': "Michelle's gonna help." "Why?" "Because it's what I'd do for her."
* '''Exploited''': "Michelle! I would help you!"
* '''Defied''': "I have to look out for myself in the present first."
* '''Discussed''': "Hm, do you think Michelle's gonna pull the 'YouWouldDoTheSameForMe' line?"
* '''Conversed''': "Five bucks says Charlie gives a speech about mutual trust before the commercial break." "No bet."
* '''Deconstructed''': Donald abuses Michelle's help.
** Michelle gets away from Donald and finds a true friend in Dave, who genuinely ''would'' do the same for her.
** [[LoveRedeems But Donald can't make himself do it for long.]]
* '''Played For Laughs''': We cut to what Donald is thinking...and no, no he would ''not'', he'd dash off and leave Michelle in escapable danger.
* '''Played For Drama''':
** We cut to Donald's thoughts, and he wouldn't just leave her for the wolves; he'd push her in as a brief distraction. Then he does.
** Donald hadn't thought about his feelings for Michelle, and is forced to consider whether or not he's worthy of her trust and affection.
Back to YouWouldDoTheSameForMe
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???