'''Basic Trope''': An eager employee is asked by his boss to do a menial task, such as getting him coffee.
* '''Straight''': Boss Jim asks Bob to go get him some coffee.
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob is Jim's coffee-bitch and he might as well just be called "servant" or "slave" instead of whatever his job title is.
** Bob happily gets Jim coffee, knowing it will eventually lead to better assignments and greater things.
** A lot of Jim's orders to Bob are ended with "and while you're at it, get me coffee".
** Jim gives Bob a task that, while it sounds important, is mainly given so that Jim can get Bob out of his hair for a while.
** Bob is an intern who does this sort of thing as part of his main job duties; he knows that if he does a good job of showing that he's capable and willing, he'll eventually get better work.
** Bob's boss is rich enough to have a position dedicated entirely to brewing coffee.
** Jim [[NotAMorningPerson isn't at ease]] [[MustHaveCaffeine until he's had his morning coffee]] -- and when the boss isn't happy, ''nobody's'' happy.
** Jim is always fetching ''his employees'' coffee, either because they run all over him, or because he believes that doing this personally is the best way to keep them happy and productive.
** Bob [[CrazyPrepared always has coffee ready and close at hand for Jim]] without having to be asked, to the point that Jim finds it a little creepy.
* '''Subverted''': Bob is not only Jim's coffee-bitch; he likes being it and wouldn't change it for anything.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...but only because he thinks he's actually doing top-secret government work and doesn't understand the true nature of his position.
** Bob is sent on a series of coffee-fetching type tasks in increasingly bizarre locations, accompanied by a laugh track.
** Bob's co-workers are so [[MustHaveCaffeine addicted to coffee]] that Bob is able to basically run the company by supplying it.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Whether Bob is just a coffee-fetcher or actually given meaningful work seems to zig-zag from day-to-day.
* '''Averted''': Bob is given meaningful work right from the get-go and never has to do this type of servant stuff.
* '''Enforced''': The show's an office comedy and needs an office butt-monkey for laughs.
* '''Lampshaded''': Bob is given the nickname "Mr. Coffee Guy."
* '''Invoked''': Bob was chosen for this because the company can't afford anymore positions of importance, but they want to groom him for one when an opening becomes available.
* '''Exploited''': Bob's fellow office-workers start treating him in this way too.
* '''Defied''': Bob blows off these busy-work tasks, does a half-assed job, or gets someone else to do them, but manages to take all the credit.
* '''Discussed''': "Hey, Bob, don't you ever think maybe it's time you asked for some real work? Can't keep being Mr. Coffee Guy forever."
* '''Conversed''': "Say, that Bob's a pretty cool character, it would be nice if they gave him something else to do other than just being his boss's coffee-fetcher."
** Bob becomes increasingly frustrated as he's sent on more and more coffee-fetching tasks and decides to quit his job.
** Working for Jim looks good on Bob's resume, but the fact that Bob was only ever trusted with menial tasks means that he's totally unprepared when the time comes for him to take on actual responsibilities.
** Bob has been used to fetch coffee for so long as a way of teaching him his place that he loses the skills for which he was originally hired, so when Bob is ''actually'' needed, he's of little use.
* '''Reconstructed''': Bob comes to realize that in a way he was actually ''at his happiest'' because he was so good at the coffee-fetching and decides to go back to it.
* '''Played For Laughs''': It's a comedic spy program and the whole coffee-fetching thing is cover for secret missions. Coffee orders are SpySpeak, for example, the type of coffee specifies the mission and the number of sugars defines specific parameters.
[[YouGetMeCoffee You get me the main entry. And make it snappy!]] [[HoldTheUnsolicitedIngredient And no pickles!]]
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???