'''Basic Trope''': A male character has no moral compunctions about hitting women.
* '''Straight''': Eric, an ActionHero, has to face [[BigBad Ramona]] and her AmazonBrigade. He doesn't hold back against them.
* '''Exaggerated''': Eric makes sure to avoid getting the men he fights too hurt but always does his best to disfigure and permanently disable the women he fights.
** Eric only jabs women with sleepy drugs.
** Eric only hits women if they are attacking him.
** Eric only disarms women by [[DefeatByModesty tearing off their clothes]].
** Eric is an egalitarian and believes in equal-opportunity violence.
** [[IdiotHero Eric doesn't even understand the concept of gender!]]
** Eric is a survivor of [[DoubleStandardAbuseFemaleOnMale female-on-male]] abuse.
** Eric believes that chivalry is [[DoubleStandard sexist]] and [[MenAreTheExpendableGender degrading towards men]].
** [[CompleteMonster Ramona]] [[MoralEventHorizon killed someone]] Eric loved and now he [[RoaringRampageOfRevenge seeks revenge]].
** ItsPersonal with Ramona.
** Eric is a HeManWomanHater.
** Eric doesn't hit women. Unfortunately, Ramona is TheBaroness. She's going to make Eric fight her... whether he wants to or not.
** Romana is a much more competent fighter than Eric, and Eric knows this. Holding back against her would surely lead to his crushing defeat.
** Eric grew up in an [[OneGenderRace all male society]] or was the [[TheOneGuy only male]] in an [[LadyLand all female society]]. As a result, he doesn't understand gender roles and may not know that they even exist.
** Eric is a ProudWarriorRaceGuy who doesn't see men or women on the battlefield, only allies and enemies, and holding back against the ones trying to defeat you is more than just a fatal mistake: it's downright insulting to your foe.
** Eric is a CombatPragmatist who doesn't question anything, he does everything as long as it gets his job done.
** Eric's mom was a strong role model for him his entire life, so he considers the notion of women being weak to be outright laughable.
* '''Inverted''': WouldntHitAGirl
* '''Subverted''': Eric confronts Ramona's crew and considers fighting them, but decides not to.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** But when they knock him around awhile, he attacks them.
** Instead, he chooses to lure them all into a corner for an ambush, one at a time.
** 'Hitting' amounts to noogies, pantsing, and wet willies. Ramona and her minions are defeated all the same.
** Eric says things like "Welcome to gender equality!" before laying the smack-down on Ramona and her crew.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Eric always evaluates his opponent's potential before entering a battle. Depending on their strength he either accepts or refuses the challenge.
* '''Averted''': Eric only fights women if necessary.
* '''Enforced''': "Male and female characters going all out makes for better fight scenes."
** "Challenge me at your own risk, Ramona. I'm not going to hold back because of your ovaries."
** "I'd hit anyone who'd hit me. No exceptions."
** "That was with all your might..." "You think I'd hold back against such a [[WorthyOpponent splendid fighter?]]"
** Eric is specifically assigned to bring down Ramona's brigade because of his attitude.
** Ramona taunts Eric to goad him into fighting her.
* '''Exploited''': InterplayOfSexAndViolence
* '''Defied''': "Ramona, you're a woman and I'm not going to abase myself with battling you. Surrender quietly or I'll call Marian to take care of you and your girls."
* '''Discussed''': "You wouldn't hit a girl would you?" (One SingleStrokeBattle later) "I would."
* '''Conversed''': "How could Eric hit Ramona?! I thought he was TheHero of this story!" "He is! Ramona's a ''villain''!
* '''Deconstructed''': Even if it was self-defense, Eric is viewed InUniverse as a [[YouMonster monster]] for daring to beat up a girl.
* '''Reconstructed''': Then they learn the hard way why he had no qualms in the first place.
* '''Played For Laughs''': SlapstickKnowsNoGender
* '''Played For Drama''': Eric delivers a NoHoldsBarredBeatdown to Ramona and her minions, then his teammates wonder who real the villain is, allowing Ramona to deliver a scathing HannibalLecture.
Back to the WouldHitAGirl
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???