'''Basic Trope''': A male character has no sufficent moral compunctions about hitting women.
* '''Straight''': Eric, an ActionHero, has to face [[BigBad Ramona]] and her AmazonBrigade. He doesn't hold back against them.
* '''Exaggerated''': Eric makes sure to avoid getting the men he fights too hurt but always does his best to disfigure and permanently disable the women he fights.
** Eric only jabs women with sleepy drugs.
** Eric only hits women if they are attacking him.
** Eric only disarms women by [[DefeatByModesty tearing off their clothes]].
** Eric is an egalitarian and believes in equal-opportunity for both genders in all things, including violence.
** [[IdiotHero Eric doesn't even understand the concept of gender!]]
** Eric realizes that/believes women can be just as dangerous as men and reacts according.
** Eric is a survivor of [[DoubleStandardAbuseFemaleOnMale female-on-male]] abuse.
** Eric believes that not fighting men is [[DoubleStandard sexist]] and [[MenAreTheExpendableGender degrading towards men]]. Logically, the same reasoning applies to women.
** [[CompleteMonster Ramona]] [[MoralEventHorizon senselessly murdered someone]] Eric loved and now he [[RoaringRampageOfRevenge seeks revenge]].
** ItsPersonal with Ramona.
** Eric is a HeManWomanHater.
** Eric doesn't hit women. Unfortunately for him, Ramona is TheBaroness. She's going to make Eric fight her... whether he wants to or not.
** Romana is a much more competent fighter than Eric, and Eric knows this. Holding back against her would surely lead to his crushing defeat.
** Eric grew up in an [[OneGenderRace all male society]] or was the [[TheOneGuy only male]] in an [[LadyLand all female society]]. As a result, he doesn't understand gender roles and may not know that they even exist.
** Eric is a ProudWarriorRaceGuy who doesn't see men or women on the battlefield, only allies and enemies, and holding back against the ones trying to defeat you is more than simply a fatal mistake: it's downright insulting to your foe.
** Eric is a CombatPragmatist who doesn't question anything, he does everything as long as it gets his job done.
** Eric's mom was a strong role model for him his entire life, so he considers the notion of women being weak to be outright laughable.
* '''Inverted''': WouldntHitAGirl
* '''Subverted''': Eric confronts Ramona's crew and considers fighting them, but decides not to.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** But when they knock him around awhile, he attacks them.
** Instead, he chooses to lure them all into a corner for an ambush, one at a time.
** 'Hitting' amounts to noogies, pantsing, and wet willies. Ramona and her minions are defeated all the same.
** Eric says things like "Welcome to gender equality!" before laying the smack-down on Ramona and her crew.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Eric always evaluates his opponent's potential before entering a battle. Depending on their strength, regardless of gender, he either accepts or refuses the challenge.
* '''Averted''': Eric only fights women if necessary.
* '''Enforced''': "Male and female characters going all out makes for better fight scenes."
** "Challenge me at your own risk, Ramona. I'm not going to hold back because of your ovaries."
** "I'd hit anyone who'd hit me. No exceptions."
** "[[CombatPragmatist Any opponent can kill you. It's stupid not to fight seriously just because my opponent's a woman]]."
** "That was with all your might..." "You think I'd hold back against such a [[WorthyOpponent splendid fighter?]]"
** Eric is specifically assigned to bring down Ramona's brigade because of his attitude.
** Ramona taunts Eric to goad him into fighting her.
* '''Exploited''': InterplayOfSexAndViolence
* '''Defied''': "Ramona, you're a woman and I'm not going to abase myself with battling you. Surrender quietly or I'll call Marian to take care of you and your girls."
* '''Discussed''': "You wouldn't hit a girl would you?" (One SingleStrokeBattle later) "I would."
* '''Conversed''': "How could Eric hit Ramona?! I thought he was TheHero of this story!" "He is! Ramona's a ''villain''!
* '''Implied''': Eric is sent to take down Ramona's base, which is crawling with BodyguardBabes. The aftermath shows the base in ruins, with everyone in it, save for Eric, lying unconscious on the ground.
* '''Deconstructed''': Even if it was self-defense, Eric is viewed InUniverse as a [[YouMonster monster]] for daring to beat up a girl.
* '''Reconstructed''': Then they learn the hard way why he had no qualms in the first place.
* '''Played For Laughs''': SlapstickKnowsNoGender
* '''Played For Drama''': Eric delivers a NoHoldsBarredBeatdown to Ramona and her minions, then his teammates wonder who real the villain is, allowing Ramona to deliver a scathing HannibalLecture. Eric calls [[GoodIsOldFashioned his team]] out for not minding that sort of violence being used on a male villain, causing more tension which escalates in a [[WeAREStrugglingTogether civil war between the heroes]], much to [[ManipulativeBitch Ramona]]'s satisfaction.
Back to the WouldHitAGirl
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???