'''Basic Trope''': A statement made about a particular work by someone who ''isn't'' the creator(s) of that work, but had a close relationship of some kind with the creator(s).
* '''Straight''': Bob writes a story, and his wife Alice appears on his behalf at a FanConvention when he is unable to [[AuthorExistenceFailure (or too dead)]] to answer fans' questions about the series.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice is RunningTheAsylum, and basically takes over the franchise.
* '''Downplayed''': [[CreatorCouple Writer couple]] Alice and Bob appear at a fan convention. They mostly talk about their own stories, but will occasionaly remark about each other's.
* '''Justified''': As Bob's wife, Alice probably got to witness Bob creating his work from start to finish. Perhaps she was even asked to "beta-read" the unpublished [=script/novel/comic/song/whatever=]. So she probably has a better idea behind [[WhatDoYouMeanItsNotDidactic the meaning and symbolism]] (or lack thereof) of a particular work than [[FanDumb any random person on the street]].
** Alice has no personal connection to Bob, but [[WordOfDante discusses and analyzes the work]].
** A statement about the work [[WordOfGod made by its creator, Bob]].
* '''Subverted''': AliceAndBob appear at [[FanConvention FanCon]] together, but Alice does not speak at the panel.
* '''Double Subverted''': Alice writes on her blog about the work.
* '''Parodied''': Alice will keep on yelling about spoilers and important pieces of backstory as loudly as possible, either physically at a con or by having a very high profile blog that she will write the spoilers on.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Alice makes no statements about Bob's work.
** "Hey, Alice, Fan Con and Geek Con both want me to do a panel about ''LongRunner''. Since I can't be in two places at once, would you please do the panel at Geek Con?"
** [[AuthorExistenceFailure Bob dies]], and everyone keeps coming to his widow with questions.
* '''Lampshaded''': "I think my husband meant to say..."
* '''Invoked''': See "Enforced"
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Alice doesn't want to confuse fans (or incite fan wars), so she keeps quiet and lets fans come up with their own conclusions.
* '''Discussed''': "Alice, what do you think when Bob said _______?"
* '''Conversed''': "It might be better to ask Bob himself."
* '''Deconstructed''': It's very possible Alice might have part or all of it wrong (particularly if she has lost some/all contact with Bob, and/or Bob was [[ShrugOfGod very mysterious and secretive about his work.]]
* '''Reconstructed''': Alice checks her facts and opinions about the work with Bob, who (being its creator) [[CaptainObvious likely knows]] the nuances of that work better than anyone else.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice takes over Bob's ''LongRunner'' blog as an April Fool's Day joke.
* '''Played For Drama''': Alice's statements cause confusion and/or conflict with Bob.
Back to WordOfSaintPaul
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???