'''Basic Trope''': A menacing, usually outright evil woman in a black outfit.
* '''Straight''': Melinda, a DarkActionGirl, dresses in black.
* '''Exaggerated''': Melinda is a villain, and her wardrobe consists of black, black, and more black. She refuses to wear even a hint of any other colour.
* '''Downplayed''': ???
* '''Justified''': Melinda's part of an evil army, and the uniform's all black.
** WomanInWhite in terms of colours.
** LadyInRed in terms of concept.
** Melinda wears all black, but she's [[NiceGirl kind]] and [[ThePollyanna cheerful]].
* '''Double Subverted''': On the surface, at least. Turns out, [[CuteAndPsycho there's a certain side of her she keeps hidden...]]
* '''Parodied''': The heroes' plan to neutralize Melinda is to ''get her to change her clothes''. And it ''works''.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Melinda wears a completely black outfit, but she seems to be a nice person. Then we find out she's simply AffablyEvil. Halfway through the series, she does a HeelFaceTurn and switches to brighter colours. But after a while, she decides black suited her better and starts wearing it again, [[DarkIsNotEvil even though she's turned good]].
* '''Averted''': Melinda doesn't wear black.
* '''Enforced''': The show has DarkIsEvil as one of its themes.
* '''Lampshaded''': "She only wears black from head to toe...I bet she's a bitch."
* '''Invoked''': "People need to know beforehand Melinda is evil. Dress her in a black gown or something similar."
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': "Black makes me look pasty. Give me [[LadyInRed red]] or [[WomanInWhite white]] any day."
* '''Discussed''': "Hm, if I wear black today, people may think I'm evil, but they'll take me more seriously than if I wear pink...but I do so love pink...nah, I'll go with black."
* '''Conversed''': "Why must all evil bitches wear black?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Melinda, a hero, wears all black as a sign of defiance against the establishment of white as a symbol of good...
* '''Reconstructed''': But after her fall to evil, she continues to wear black because she finds people take her more seriously as a villain when she wears dark colors.
Back to WomanInBlack
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???