'''Basic Trope''': A character calls another (female) character a witch, where the word bitch would be more appropriate.
* '''Straight''': Alice cheats on Bob, who then calls her a witch.
* '''Exaggerated''': [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking Alice kills Bob's entire family, burns down his house and]] [[KickTheDog kicks his dog a few times]], but Bob still insists on calling her a witch
* '''Downplayed''': Alice uses magic to do something bad to Bob, who calls her a witch.
** Alice really ''is'' a witch and did all those heinous things with her magic.
** Bob is so overwhelmed with anger that "witch" is the only good insult he could think of.
** Bob doesn't like to use misogynistic slurs, even if a woman is being mean to him.
** The story takes place in a world where "bitch" is only used to mean "female dog" and "witch" is used as a misogynistic insult.
** The [[RhymesOnADime "bitch/witch" switch]] was done as a censorship measure so it can air on TV (whether in America or overseas).
** Bob has never heard the word "bitch" before.
* '''Inverted''': "Burn the bitch!"
* '''Subverted''': "Alice you w[[spoiler:icked little bitch..."]]
* '''Double Subverted''': "...y witch!"
** "[[NoIndoorVoice ALICE YOU]] [[PrecisionFStrike FUCKING SHIT-HEADED]] WITCH!"
** Bob calls an actual female dog a witch.
** Alice is an intelligent dog riding a broom stick and raining magical destruction down from the sky. Everyone is confused as to which one to go with.
** People curse using phrases such as "Son of a witch" and "Payback's a witch".
* '''Zig Zagged''': In front of kids or the SwearJar, Bob will call Alice a witch, but other times he'll call her a bitch.
* '''Averted''': Bob has no problems with using the B-word
* '''Enforced''': Bob can't say "bitch" because he's either in the presence of children or he's the star of a TV show that is kid- or family-friendly.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Why 'witch'? 'Bitch' would have gotten the point across much better"
* '''Invoked''': "Alice you bi-" "You can't say that here!" "-g fat witch!"
* '''Exploited''': An actual witch uses the fact that everyone throws "witch" around as an insult to misdirect people who accuse her of witchcraft.
* '''Defied''': "I don't care if I'm allowed to say it or not! You are still a bitch!"
* '''Discussed''': "Nobody around here is ever willing to use the B-word"
* '''Conversed''': "What is so heinous about calling her a bitch?"
Back to WitchWithACapitalB
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???