'''Basic Trope''': Immortality is portrayed as a bad thing which often causes much angst.
* '''Straight''': Steven becomes immortal, and is depressed and angsts about it.
* '''Exaggerated''': Steven becomes immortal, and the depression drives him insane as he suffers through endless amounts of punishment because of it.
** Steven becomes immortal and realises that there may be downsides like seeing his family die, but realises that it is a gift and only rarely succumbs to angst about it.
** Steven does not become immortal, but merely has his [[LongLived lifespan greatly extended beyond what it would normally be]]. This still causes him to angst in accordance with this trope.
** Steven's immortality only prevents him from death, not pain and injury, and the large amount of injuries he suffers causes him much trouble.
** Steven runs out of things to do to occupy his time with,and life becomes tedious
** As an immortal being, Steve will eventually see all of his friends wither away and die. In worst case scenario, even his children if he has any.
* '''Inverted''': LivingForeverIsAwesome
* '''Subverted''': Steven becomes immortal, and initially panics and angsts, but soon gets over it and learns to love his newfound immortality.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...Until tragic things start happening and he starts seeing his immortality as a horrid curse once more.
* '''Parodied''': Steven hates being immortal... but for ridiculously trivial and petty reasons, most of which have nothing to do with immortality at all, rather than the weighty, epic reasons you'd expect.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Steven's opinions on his immortality swing wildly between the sides of the spectrum during different times in the plot.
* '''Averted''': Steven doesn't really mind his immortality much (LivingForeverIsNoBigDeal).
* '''Enforced''': The show wants to draw in teenage viewers via adding in angst, and the most convenient possible source happens to be Steven and his immortality.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Being immortal kinda sucks for you, doesn't it?"
** Steven becomes immortal, knows bad things'll probably happen because of it, and starts his angsting in advance.
** Steven either hasn't lived long enough to have an opinion either way or he thinks LivingForeverIsAwesome until a villain forcibly invokes AndIMustScream on him.
* '''Exploited''': Steven is promised death as part of a deal he would never take for any sort of conventional reward.
* '''Defied''': Steven becomes immortal and actively resists angsting over it because he knows it won't help anything.
* '''Discussed''': "Why is it that nobody who becomes immortal likes it? Certainly it couldn't suck for ''everyone'', right?"
* '''Conversed''': Steven is scared of death, and mutters about how ungrateful fictional characters are when they become immortal.
** Steven prevents the heat death of the universe by remaining as the only source of power and mass. It isn't comfortable, but at least he was able to preserve a small piece of the universe.
** By the time the heat death kicks in, Steven is [[StrongerWithAge godlike enough]] to press "RESET" on the Universe.
--> "[[Creator/IsaacAsimov The consciousness of Steven encompassed all of what had once been a Universe and brooded over what was now Chaos. Step by step, it must be done. And Steven said, Let there be light, and there was light.]]"
** ...Until a disaster wipes out the little bit of universe he's been sustaining, leaving him in TheNothingAfterDeath, forever.
** The eventual boredom still applies.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Steven becomes immortal, and goes through a series of over-the top, [[AmusingInjuries amusingly]] [[ButtMonkey painful]] events, mourning his condition all the way.
* '''Played For Drama''': Steven eventually becomes cold, bitter and disassociated from humanity as everyone he knows dies, everything he knows changes around him. He begins to view himself as not human and those around him as objects for his amusement.
Back to WhoWantsToLiveForever
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???