'''Basic Trope''': A character uses one power (or a few powers) for every situation.
** Alice, a great martial artist, almost always uses her finisher techniques [[MegatonPunch Dragon Impact]], [[PlayingWithFire Phoenix Tempest]], and sometimes the [[DangerousForbiddenTechnique Starlight Explosion]], to deal with her foes.
** Alice, a powerful mage, always uses her trusty [[FireIceLightning Fireball, Freeze Ray and Lighting Bolt]], not much else, to fight the baddies and to [[MundaneUtility solve miscellaneous problems]].
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice [[DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu beats inter-dimensional overlords]], [[AppealToForce wins political debates]], [[PercussiveMaintenance fixes electronic equipment]] and [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking educates]] [[DopeSlap her children]] by Dragon Impacting the hell out of everything.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice improvises her techniques/spell with different variants to suit them to different situations better.
* '''Justified''': Alice sticks with what she knows, because it's worked in the past.
** Alice uses a wide array of attacks, and might even be a MasterOfNone.
** Alice uses a wide variety of attacks on the same target.
* '''Subverted''': Alice busts out a never-before-seen attack...
* '''Double Subverted''':
** ...to use as a distraction while she uses the same FinishingMove.
** the never before seen attack fails and so she was forced to use her usual techniques.
** The heroes arrive at a local item shop, and this happens:
--> '''Bob''': "This Magic Armor is rather costly."\\
'''Alice''': "Let me use my negotiation skills to get a discount!"\\
'''Bob''': "What? I didn't know you had diplomatic abilities"\\
'''Alice''': "Just watch and learn"\\
* Alice approaches the Shopkeeper and...*\\
'''Alice''': [[BallisticDiscount "...DRAGON IMPACT!"]]
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice's Dragon Impact has several variants that depend on the angle at which the punch lands. In theory, it's the same technique. In practice, varying the angle can have a wildly different effect, so it ''functions'' like a different technique despite being the same old MegatonPunch. However, depending on how somebody blocks or receives the punch, the effect can go straight back to normal or change wildly because the angle was thrown off.
* '''Averted''': Alice uses a fairly wide array of attacks, but nothing too extreme.
* '''Enforced''': "Animation is expensive, people! Let's use as much stock footage as possible!"
** "Hey, I stick with what works!"
** When Alice is about to finish someone off, everyone shouts "DRAGON IMPACT!" along with her.
* '''Invoked''': [[Creator/BruceLee "Fear the one that has practiced 1 kick a thousand times, not the one that has used a thousand different kicks once."]]
* '''Exploited''': The enemy prepares solely for Alice's ultimate technique and is completely free to spend their resources on other plans without worrying about her.
* '''Defied''': Alice learns a new technique for a climactic battle.
* '''Discussed''': "Let me guess...you're going to use your Magic Blast again. Yup, called it."
* '''Conversed''': "Isn't Alice supposedly a powerful mage? How come she only uses the same five spells?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Emperor Evulz fights Alice enough to where he learns all of her '''moves''', and absolutely curb-stomps her.
** Alice protects herself from eventual curb-stomping by using all of her moves creatively.
** Alice has the ability to gain power if someone else uses the same move as her.
** After a lifetime of practice, Alice is so skilled with her Dragon Impact that Evulz is simply unable to counter it, despite his preparations.
WhenAllYouHaveIsAHammer, you have to go back to that trope.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???