'''Basic Trope''': A character uses one power (or a few powers) for every situation.
** Alice, a great martial artist, almost always uses her finisher techniques [[MegatonPunch Dragon Impact]], [[PlayingWithFire Phoenix Tempest]], and sometimes the [[DangerousForbiddenTechnique Starlight Explosion]], to deal with her foes.
** Alice, a powerful mage, always uses her trusty [[FireIceLightning Fireball, Freeze Ray and Lighting Bolt]], not much else, to fight the baddies and to [[MundaneUtility solve miscellaneous problems]].
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice [[DidYouJustPunchOutCthulhu beats inter-dimensional overlords]], [[AppealToForce wins political debates]], [[PercussiveMaintenance fixes electronic equipment]] and [[DopeSlap educates her children]] by Dragon Impacting the hell out of everything.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice improvises her techniques/spell with different variants to suit them to different situations better.
* '''Justified''': Alice sticks with what she knows, because it's worked in the past.
** Alice uses a wide array of attacks, and might even be a MasterOfNone.
** Alice uses a wide variety of attacks on the same target.
* '''Subverted''': Alice busts out a never-before-seen attack...
* '''Double Subverted''':
** ...to use as a distraction while she uses the same FinishingMove.
** the never before seen attack fails and so she was forced to use her usual techniques.
** The heroes arrive at a local item shop, and this happens:
--> '''Bob''': "This Magic Armor is rather costly."\\
'''Alice''': "Let me use my negotiation skills to get a discount!"\\
'''Bob''': "What? I didn't know you had diplomatic abilities"\\
'''Alice''': "Just watch and learn"\\
* Alice approaches the Shopkeeper and...*\\
'''Alice''': [[BallisticDiscount "...DRAGON IMPACT!"]]
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Alice uses a fairly wide array of attacks, but nothing too extreme.
* '''Enforced''': "Animation is expensive, people! Let's use as much stock footage as possible!"
** "Hey, I stick with what works!"
** When Alice is about to finish someone off, everyone shouts "DRAGON IMPACT!" along with her.
* '''Invoked''': [[Creator/BruceLee "Fear the one that has practiced 1 kick a thousand times, not the one that has used a thousand different kicks once."]]
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Alice learns a new technique for a climactic battle.
* '''Discussed''': "Let me guess...you're going to use your Magic Blast again. Yup, called it."
* '''Conversed''': "Isn't Alice supposedly a powerful mage? How come she only uses the same five spells?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Emperor Evulz fights Alice enough to where he learns all of her '''moves''', and absolutely curb-stomps her.
** Alice protects herself from eventual curb-stomping by using all of her moves creatively.
** Alice has the ability to gain power if someone else uses the same move as her.
WhenAllYouHaveIsAHammer, you have to go back to that trope.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???