'''Basic Trope''': A character refuses or declines to go through the events of a storyline or story arc again.
* '''Straight''': AliceAndBob break up, and a while later, Bob comes over to see if Alice is willing to give the relationship another chance. Alice tells Bob she's moved on and that he should too.
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob comes over to see if Alice is willing to give the relationship another chance, [[ShaggyDogStory only to find]] that she's HappilyMarried to Charles and [[WeddingEnhancedFertility pregnant with his child]].
* '''Downplayed''': Alice and Bob break up. Bob comes over to see if Alice is willing to try the relationship again. Alice says that while she'd like to, it'd just be too hard.
** Alice sees that there were huge, glaring problems in the relationship, and it's simply not worth going back.
** Alice has a new LoveInterest, a new career, etc.
* '''Inverted''': [[HereWeGoAgain Alice agrees to give it another try with Bob]], [[YoYoPlotPoint for the nth time .]])
** Alice tells Bob she'll give it some thought, as she's not sure how she feels about the whole situation, and Bob agrees to give her some time to think it over.
** Bob has a new LoveInterest.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** Three days later, Alice calls Bob and tells him that while she still cares about him, it [[BetterAsFriends just wasn't meant to be]] (or that she has some personal issues that she needs to work on before she can be happy in ''any'' kind of relationship), and that he should move on.
** But he still has feelings for Alice, and dumps his new girlfriend for her.
* '''Parodied''': When Bob suggests getting back together, [[DrivenToSuicide Alice sets herself on fire]].
-->'''Bob''': "...I'll take that as a no, then..."
* '''Zig Zagged''': YoYoPlotPoint
** Bob doesn't ask Alice to retry the relationship, nor does Alice ask that of Bob.
** AliceAndBob never broke up in the first place.
** AliceAndBob were never in a relationship in the first place.
* '''Enforced''': RuleOfDrama.
* '''Lampshaded''': "No, Bob. I've moved on, and you should too."
* '''Invoked''': Bob is still in a funk after breaking up with Alice, and decides to give her a call, [[BlatantLies "just to see how she's doing."]]
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Alice decides right then and there that she wants to pursue a relationship with Bob again, and they once again become an OfficialCouple.
* '''Discussed''': "Face it, Bob. It's over. It didn't work out the ''first'' time, so what makes you think it would work out again?"
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Played For Laughs''': Bob goes through a lot of trouble to win Alice back (rehearsing a big speech, buying expensive flowers, navigating a tough Godzilla-related traffic jam on the way to her house, etc.) only for the door to be answered by Alice's new boyfriend.
* '''Played For Drama''': Bob goes through all kinds of trouble to win Alice back, only to have her mother answer the door and state that Alice has committed suicide.
Back to WeAreNotGoingThroughThatAgain
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???