'''Basic Trope''': A villainous character was at one point a normal, innocent child.
* '''Straight''': [[NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast Jeff Slaughter]], the BigBad, was once a friendly and ordinary little kid.
* '''Exaggerated''': While he was a [[CheerfulChild cheerful]] and [[MessianicArchetype saintly]] child, Jeff becomes a monster who destroys planets [[ForTheEvulz for kicks]] as soon as he hits adulthood.
* '''Downplayed''': Jeff was a good, but not great, kid, and as an adult, he's a bit of a [[JerkWithAHeartOfGold jerk, but not completely.]]
* '''Justified''': Even villains [[ChildrenAreInnocent were innocent at some point in time.]] [[StartOfDarkness Some]][[FreudianExcuse thing]] had to make them bitter and twisted.
* '''Inverted''': Jeff is an EvilOverlord [[EnfantTerrible as a baby]], but calms down and [[HeelFaceTurn becomes good]] when he grows up.
* '''Subverted''': The heroes learn that Jeff tortured animals as a child and [[EnfantTerrible cheerfully engaged in sociopathic behavior.]]
* '''Double Subverted''': As a baby, however, Jeff was completely innocent. ParentalAbandonment turned him to this disturbing behavior as a young boy.
* '''Parodied''': As a little kid, Jeff liked to play with butterflies, teddy bears, sing praises of Jesus, heal cancers and stand around being all beamy and smily. Until his eighteenth birthday, when he immediately became an OmnicidalManiac.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Jeff Slaughter, as a child, liked to draw war machines, not out of malevolence, but because he liked to invent things. His parents took this as an alarming sign, mistook him for a CreepyChild and shunned him. As a result, Jeff became ''really'' disturbed.
** Jeff's childhood is never shown.
** Jeff was evil since birth. ([[FetusTerrible or even before that]])
* '''Enforced''': "What was Jeff Slaughter like as a baby? He wasn't evil then, was he?"
* '''Lampshaded''': Jeff's SupervillainLair is filled with photos of himself in happier times, in contrast to the [[DeathTrap death traps]] and torture devices he has developed since then.
* '''Invoked''': "You don't know what I was like as a child! I was happy then! They made me what I am today!"
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Jeff destroyed all evidence of his childhood when he became evil.
** "Hey, Hero, what was Jeff Slaughter like as a kid? He wasn't always evil, was he?"
** "Yeah yeah, UsedToBeASweetKid and all that. I've heard it a million times, Slaughter. Now, YouDoNotHaveToSayAnything..."
* '''Conversed''': "It's creepy to think that Jeff Slaughter was a kid like you and me once." "Yeah, ChildrenAreInnocent, right?"
* '''Deconstructed''': As a child, Jeff Slaughter was good-natured and was completely harmless. However, all the [[KidsAreCruel abuse]] [[BullyingADragon he]] [[AllOfTheOtherReindeer put up with]] slowly drove him to [[WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds take out his anger on the world.]] He destroyed his memories of the past and became the BigBad.
* '''Reconstructed''': Jeff Slaughter secretly thinks the best years of his life were when he was younger, and [[PetTheDog kept a single toy to remind him of his previous goodness.]]
Too bad about UsedToBeASweetKid... It used to be such a nice trope... *sniff*
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???