'''Basic Trope''': A villainous character was at one point a normal, innocent child.
* '''Straight''': [[NamesToRunAwayFromReallyFast Jeff Slaughter]], the BigBad, was once a friendly and ordinary little kid.
* '''Exaggerated''': While he was a [[CheerfulChild cheerful]] and [[MessianicArchetype saintly]] child, Jeff becomes a monster who destroys planets [[ForTheEvulz for kicks]] as soon as he hits adulthood.
* '''Downplayed''': Jeff was a good, but not great, kid, and as an adult, he's a bit of a [[JerkWithAHeartOfGold jerk, but not completely.]]
* '''Justified''': Even villains [[ChildrenAreInnocent were innocent at some point in time.]] [[StartOfDarkness Some]][[FreudianExcuse thing]] had to make them bitter and twisted.
* '''Inverted''': Jeff is an EvilOverlord [[EnfantTerrible as a baby]], but calms down and [[HeelFaceTurn becomes good]] when he grows up.
* '''Subverted''': The heroes learn that Jeff tortured animals as a child and [[EnfantTerrible cheerfully engaged in sociopathic behavior.]]
* '''Double Subverted''': As a baby, however, Jeff was completely innocent. ParentalAbandonment turned him to this disturbing behavior as a young boy.
* '''Parodied''': As a little kid, Jeff liked to play with butterflies, teddy bears, sing praises of Jesus, heal cancers and stand around being all beamy and smily before becoming an OmnicidalManiac.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Jeff Slaughter, as a child, liked to draw war machines, not out of malevolence, but because he liked to invent things. His parents took this as an alarming sign, mistook him for a CreepyChild and shunned him. As a result, Jeff became ''really'' disturbed.
** Jeff's childhood is never shown.
** Jeff was evil since birth. ([[FetusTerrible or even before that]])
* '''Enforced''': "What was Jeff Slaughter like as a baby? He wasn't evil then, was he?"
* '''Lampshaded''': Jeff's SupervillainLair is filled with photos of himself in happier times, in contrast to the [[DeathTrap death traps]] and torture devices he has developed since then.
* '''Invoked''': "You don't know what I was like as a child! I was happy then! They made me what I am today!"
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Jeff destroyed all evidence of his childhood when he became evil.
** "Hey, Hero, what was Jeff Slaughter like as a kid? He wasn't always evil, was he?"
** "Yeah yeah, UsedToBeASweetKid and all that. I've heard it a million times, Slaughter. Now, YouDoNotHaveToSayAnything..."
* '''Conversed''': "It's creepy to think that Jeff Slaughter was a kid like you and me once." "Yeah, ChildrenAreInnocent, right?"
* '''Deconstructed''': As a child, Jeff Slaughter was good-natured and was completely harmless. However, all the [[KidsAreCruel abuse]] [[BullyingADragon he]] [[AllOfTheOtherReindeer put up with]] slowly drove him to [[WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds take out his anger on the world.]] He destroyed his memories of the past and became the BigBad.
* '''Reconstructed''': Jeff Slaughter secretly thinks the best years of his life were when he was younger, and [[PetTheDog kept a single toy to remind him of his previous goodness.]]
Too bad about UsedToBeASweetKid... It used to be such a nice trope... *sniff*
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???