'''Basic Trope''': A character is made mechanical against their will.
* '''Straight''': Bob is turned into a robot by Emperor Evulz.
* '''Exaggerated''': Emperor Evulz turns an entire city's population into robots by strapping them to conveyor belts.
* '''Downplayed''': [[EmergencyTransformation Bob is given an artificial heart]] (or, [[RuleOfCool for style sake]], a [[RedRightHand cybernetic hand!]]) after an accident without his consent.
** Emperor Evulz wants Bob as a minion, and Bob is terrified because CyberneticsEatYourSoul.
** Bob is not scared simply to trade meat for metal, but because he knows it means Evulz will be able to override his free will.
** [[BecomeARealBoy A robot wants to be organic.]]
** [[AIIsACrapshoot Techtron]] is punished for [[KillAllHumans his many crimes]] by [[CruelMercy being turned]] [[KarmicTransformation into what he hated most, a human.]]
** Bob ''wants'' to become a machine. Maybe more than he's ever wanted anything else in his life. It might be limited to wishful thinking, or he may be actively WorkingForABodyUpgrade, but either way, his fondest desire is to replace his meat with metal.
** Bob looks scared as he's about to be robotized, but then smiles because he ''wants'' this to happen.
** Bob wakes up and sees how extensively augmented he is. [[EvilLaugh He begins to cackle in mad glee.]]
* '''Double Subverted''':
** ...But then he starts screaming in terror as he's converted.
** ...But then the Emperor sees Bob smiling and quickly stops the process.
* '''Parodied''': Evulz attempts to turn people into a robot involves putting them into a trashcan with leg holes cut out and dryer vent leggings. Everyone regards this as a horrific fate. Except [[OnlySaneMan Sally]] who points out the ridiculousness of the situation.
* '''Zig-Zagged''': Bob at first doesn't want to be a robot, but then realizes how cool it would be, then thinks about how painful it could be, but changes his mind when he's told it's painless, but then changes his mind ''again'' when...
* '''Averted''': It's impossible to convert anything living to fully robotic.
* '''Enforced''': "We want to make losing to Emperor Evulz a serious threat, but we can't have him kill anyone. What if he made people he beat into his robotic slaves?"
* '''Lampshaded''': "Is this the part where I'm strapped to a table and get put through an auto-shop?"
* '''Invoked''': Emperor Evulz builds his [[WesternAnimation/PhineasAndFerb Robotinator]] early on to have a legion of loyal followers and to stomp out TheEvilsOfFreeWill.
* '''Exploited''': Bob decides to use Emperor Evulz' technology against him, either by...\\
A) [[HoistByHisOwnPetard Employing his new weapons and abilities against the tyrant]].\\
B) Reverse-engineering it with the help of his allies, to develop counter-measures for it and[=/=]or to apply it on their own machines.\\
C) Using a combination of the two previous options.
** [[EvenEvilHasStandards Emperor Evulz would never do something so inhuman to his opponents.]]
** [[ScienceHero The people]] that want to confer Bob with cybernetic upgrades ask for his explicit permission, but only after explaining him in full detail the risks and implications that such modifications carry along, so that he might take a well informed decision.
* '''Discussed''': "What kind of sick freak turns people into his tin soldiers?!"
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Implied''': We see robotic versions of earlier characters and we never find their origin or if there is an original somewhere.
* '''Deconstructed''': The process to convert an organic into an inorganic is time consuming, wasteful to resources, and the machines barely last due to various complications. The idea gets scrapped.
* '''Reconstructed''': After lots of refining and testing, robotizing becomes a streamlined evil emperor's dream-come-true and hero's worst nightmare.
* '''Played For Drama''': Bob became gravely injured while fighting Emperor Evulz, and the only way known to save his life was to undergo roboticisation. Alice, though, was the one who made the call because Bob was unconscious at the time. It turns out Bob is at best mixed about no longer being human even if he understands that there was no other way, and it weighs heavily on his relationship with Alice.
Back to UnwillingRoboticisation
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???