'''Basic Trope''': A character who doesn't need extensive beauty care to look beautiful, (s)he just looks good that way.
** Alice always looks good even with (or because of) minimal care with her looks.
** Bob's five-o-clock shadow and casual clothes are a sign of masculinity
* '''Exaggerated''': Despite spending two months in the jungle while continually running from the BigBad, with very little food, and being covered in dirt, blood and...other bodily fluids, Alice looks amazing.
** Alice is very attractive with a little mascara and intentionally tousled hair.
** Alice looks fairly decent when she's scruffy.
* '''Justified''': Alice has never enjoyed the benefits of beauty products, but not the drawbacks either. Making her skin healthier than average.
* '''Inverted''': Alice actually has to spend at least two hours in front of the mirror just to look acceptable
** Alice is naturally pretty, but [[SheCleansUpNicely looks even better once she cleans herself up]].
** Alice looks like she's naturally pretty. But that's because she wears a special kind of natural-looking make up.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** Bob still thinks [[UnnecessaryMakeover Alice is more attractive when she's unkempt]].
** She stops wearing make up and she still looks pretty cute.
* '''Parodied''': Bob thinks that Alice is still gorgeous while she is actually hideous and really needs a bath, a hairbrush and possibly some wax. Maybe a reconstructive plastic surgery too.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice looks good when she's unkempt, but even better when she's well-groomed. Bob tells her that he thought she was more attractive when she was scruffy. She enters a beauty contest with no makeup on, believing him. When she loses even though he was one of the judges, she assumes he was lying to sabotage her. But it turns out he wasn't, and the judge was his EvilTwin...
* '''Averted''': Alice isn't downright ugly when she gets out of bed, but she could definitely do with a hairbrush.
* '''Enforced''': The author wants to show that the character is naturally beautiful.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Damn, she looks even better ''without'' the makeup."
* '''Invoked''': Alice has heard of this trope and therefore goes on dates after just waking up, going for a jog, mucking out the horses, etc.
* '''Exploited''': Since Alice knows she looks better without makeup and with messy hair, she goes for this look when she has a date.
* '''Defied''': Alice deliberately makes herself look ugly when she doesn't clean up.
* '''Discussed''': "Alice always looks amazing, even when she has just gotten out of bed!"
* '''Conversed''': "Why is it that Alice always looks better unkempt than cleaned up?"
* '''Implied''': Alice is in a situation in which she obviously can't do much grooming, such as on a camping trip, and people start noticing she's beautiful.
* '''Deconstructed''': Alice's natural beauty has caused her to become a sexual idol for all of her life, to her distress. She has been trying to hide and diminish her looks, but some find this to be more attractive, instead.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice rolls out of bed and tosses on some sweats to walk her dog, and within the week every fashionista in town is blowing insane amounts of money to duplicate that look.
Back to UnkemptBeauty
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???