'''Basic Trope''': Someone breaks the law, but gets a lot more heat for their crime than they expected.
* '''Straight''': Alice and Bob try to rob a pair of random bystanders, only to discover that one of them is the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice drops some litter, which causes a car accident leading to scores of casualties, including the Prime Minister.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob is in a hurry and parks illegally (deciding to just accept it if he's fined)...failing to realise [[FelonyMisdemeanor he'd done so in a handicapped space.]]
* '''Justified''': Alice and Bob chose their target at random, it's just bad luck they were as important as they were.
* '''Inverted''': Alice and Bob think they're kidnapping the Prime Minister, but it turns out they grabbed a random bystander by accident.
* '''Subverted''': Alice and Bob think they're robbing an important official, but he assures them he's just a simple civil servant...
* '''Double Subverted''': ...a (well liked, but mostly pen pushing) high ranking police official. He and his colleagues quickly track Alice and Bob down later.
* '''Parodied''': The victim is clearly wearing a sash with "Mayor" on it. Alice and Bob don't realize until it's too late anyway.
* '''Zig Zagged''': The amount of media/police interest the crime generates seems to vary depending on the plot.
* '''Averted''': Alice and Bob decide not to go through with their robbery.
* '''Enforced''': There wouldn't be a plot if Alice and Bob's crime wasn't more notable than a simple mugging.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Do you know who I am!?" "[[OhCrap ...should we?]]"
* '''Invoked''': The Prime Minister goes trawling for muggers to give a friend in the police department a relatively easy, but high profile, case to solve.
* '''Exploited''': Alice and Bob carry around a pair of handcuffs, in case they rob someone who might be worth holding to ransom.
* '''Defied''': Alice and Bob follow their targets around for a bit to confirm who they are.
* '''Discussed''': "What if this old guy turns out to be the Pope or something?"
* '''Conversed''': "Why would they rob the Prime Minister? They should know it was a bad idea." "They probably thought he was just some guy."
* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': The victim seems vaguely important...but the crime goes without a hitch and it never comes up again.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice and Bob taunt their victim about how they'll get away with the robbery because it won't be of any interest to the police.
* '''Played For Drama''': Alice and Bob were driven to the crime out of desperation, but because of the high-profile nature of the crime, the public will demand that they [[DisproportionateRetribution have the book thrown at them.]]
...I only wanted to link back to UnintentionallyNotoriousCrime...but I ended up blanking it! OhCrap!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???