'''Basic Trope''': The concept of short songs, made quickly to cash in on a certain audience.
* '''Straight''': A Punk band releases an album with relatively simple songs, demonstrating their commitment to the genre.
* '''Exaggerated''': The songs made by the band are only made up of [[RuleOfThree three repetitive notes]], played without any change in the music whatsoever.
* '''Downplayed''': ???
* '''Justified''': The band has no musical talent.
* '''Inverted''': See EpicRocking.
* '''Subverted''': A guitar solo occurs halfway through...
* '''Double Subverted''': ...only for it to contain the exact same chords as the rest of the song.
* '''Parodied''': The band just plays one chord and shouts "PISS" into the microphone, then leaves. Everyone cheers and headbangs like it was an actual song.
* '''Zig Zagged''': An album made by the band features GenreRoulette, and several of these songs are included.
* '''Averted''': The songs are reasonably complex.
* '''Enforced''': "Well, Punk is a very popular genre these days, can you play just three chord songs, just for us?"
* '''Lampshaded''': "If only we were more talented, our songs could be longer..."
* '''Invoked''': The band changes to this style in a desperate attempt to be more popular.
* '''Exploited''': The entire reason the band is popular is because of this trope, and when they try a NewSoundAlbum, their audience hates them for it.
* '''Defied''': The punk era is in full swing, yet a prog rock band deliberately decides to release their triple concept album full of 20-minute songs despite pressure from the record company to modify their style to fit the times.
* '''Discussed''': The song opens up with the line, "[[CaptainObvious This song only has three chords]]."
* '''Conversed''': "If I hear that three chord riff one more time, I might just have an aneurysm!"
* '''Deconstructed''': The band sparks a trend in which all bands play raw, simplistic rock, hindering the genre's authenticity.
* '''Reconstructed''': Once the genre is gone and replaced by bloated stadium rock, a new band revives the old simple sound.
* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': The band's [[StealthParody entire reason]] for doing these songs is to demonstrate the average amount of musical talent a person has, and how they could be successful for doing this... ThisLoserIsYou indeed.
♪♪♪~Back to ThreeChordsAndTheTruth!~♪♪♪
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???