'''Basic Trope''': The concept of short songs, made quickly to cash in on a certain audience.
* '''Straight''': A Punk band releases an album with relatively simple songs, demonstrating their commitment to the genre.
* '''Exaggerated''': The songs made by the band are only made up of [[RuleOfThree three repetitive notes]], played without any change in the music whatsoever.
* '''Downplayed''': While they enjoy using the same scale in many of their songs, they like to experiment with what they can do with said scale, and as such, their songs can be different yet similar.
* '''Justified''': The band has no musical talent.
* '''Inverted''': See EpicRocking.
* '''Subverted''': A guitar solo occurs halfway through...
* '''Double Subverted''': ...only for it to contain the exact same chords as the rest of the song.
* '''Parodied''': The band just plays one chord and shouts "PISS" into the microphone, then leaves. Everyone cheers and headbangs like it was an actual song.
* '''Zig Zagged''': An album made by the band features GenreRoulette, and several of these songs are included.
* '''Averted''': The songs are reasonably complex.
* '''Enforced''': "Well, Punk is a very popular genre these days, can you play just three chord songs, just for us?"
* '''Lampshaded''': "If only we were more talented, our songs could be longer..."
* '''Invoked''': The band changes to this style in a desperate attempt to be more popular.
* '''Exploited''': The entire reason the band is popular is because of this trope, and when they try a NewSoundAlbum, their audience hates them for it.
* '''Defied''': The punk era is in full swing, yet a prog rock band deliberately decides to release their triple concept album full of 20-minute songs despite pressure from the record company to modify their style to fit the times. "What, do you think we're some sort of talentless pretty boys?" remarks Vocalist Victor.
* '''Discussed''': The song opens up with the line, "[[CaptainObvious This song only has three chords]]."
* '''Conversed''': "If I hear that three chord riff one more time, I might just have an aneurysm!"
* '''Deconstructed''': The band sparks a trend in which all bands play raw, simplistic rock, hindering the genre's authenticity.
* '''Reconstructed''': Once the genre is gone and replaced by bloated stadium rock, a new band revives the old simple sound.
* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': The band's [[StealthParody entire reason]] for doing these songs is to demonstrate the average amount of musical talent a person has, and how they could be successful for doing this... ThisLoserIsYou indeed.
♪♪♪~Back to ThreeChordsAndTheTruth!~♪♪♪
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???