'''Basic Trope''': An attack that is very annoying, hard to dodge, and/or does huge damage.
* '''Straight''': Emperor Evulz has a giant laser which requires pinpoint timing to dodge and does lots of damage.
* '''Exaggerated''': Emperor Evulz has a near impossible-to-dodge attack which is a OneHitKill for the entire team.
* '''Downplayed'''': Evulz's Laser is hard-to-dodge, but with a few buffs it can easily be taken without taking critical damage.
* '''Justified''': Evulz is frightened you are almost beating him, so he uses his strongest magic.
* '''Inverted''': One of Emperor Evulz's attacks fires a small orb that does very little damage and moves slowly. This was put in by the developer to give the player a breather.
* '''Subverted''': Emperor Evulz charges up like he's gonna do something really good, but then shoots an easy-to-dodge orb that only does one damage...
* '''Double Subverted''': ... followed by a huge barrage of faster ones which are guided.
* '''Parodied''': Emperor Evulz's finger poke is ThatOneAttack.
* '''Zig-Zagged''': That aforementioned barrage has really poor range.
* '''Averted''': No boss has a particularly powerful attack.
* '''Enforced''': Let's trick the player into thinking they have beat Evulz, ''then'' [[IAmNotLeftHanded he breaks out the big guns]].
* '''Lampshaded''': "[[EvilLaugh WAHAHAHAHA!!!]] Prepare to lose a life, sucker!"
* '''Invoked''': Emperor Evulz tries to obtain powerful magic to destroy our heroes.
* '''Exploited''': TheManBehindTheMan observes Evulz using this attack, and decides Evulz is the right person to absorb power from.
** Emperor Evulz powers down the attack, so he can do a variety of decent ones instead.
** The heroes sabotage Evulz's power sources, so his laser rather embarrassingly fizzles out moments before he would toast the heroes.
* '''Discussed''': "I'll shoot you with my Mikuru Beam!"
* '''Conversed''': "That sure is a hard attack, eh, Alice?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Emperor Evulz's giant laser of doom does indeed do a ton of damage and is hard-to-dodge, [[AwesomeButImpractical but it drains all his power and leaves him a sitting duck afterwards]].
* '''Reconstructed''': Fortunately for him, he has an alternative source of power he can use to charge himself back up as many times as necessary.
* '''Plotted a Good Waste''': There is plenty of [[SlidingScaleOfGameplayAndStoryIntegration Gameplay and Story Integration]], including attacks. The difficult move seems like it would be impressive for the story, but by the time it's revealed, the heroes find it [[TheOnlyOneAllowedToDefeatYou is only used against them by Evulz who felt they were the only ones who deserved to see his true power.]]
Back to ThatOneAttack
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???