'''Basic Trope''': Someone (the Talker) finds out that another person (the Suicidal) intends to commit suicide and decides to try and talk them out of it.
* '''Straight''': Bob is standing on a ledge about to jump, when Alice sees him and goes over to talk him out of it.
** Bob uses cliched phrases to talk Alice out of killing herself ("You have so much to live for", "It gets better", etc.)
** The Talker is a celebrity who is not a main or supporting character in the work (bonus points if the Suicidal in question is a fan of theirs)
* '''Downplayed''': ???
* '''Justified''': Alice has been concerned, and came to check on Bob, only to find him about to kill himself.
* '''Inverted''': SuicideDare.
* '''Subverted''': Bob ignores Alice and goes ahead on killing himself anyway.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** Bob actually faked his suicide.
** Bob [[BungledSuicide failed to kill himself]]. Bonus points if the reason he failed was because Alice [[CrazyPrepared intentionally sabotaged his suicide as a backup plan in case Bob went ahead anyway]].
** Alice turns out to be quicker than Bob, and stops him long enough to actually talk him down.
** Alice is in no actual danger of dying (is only a short distance from the ground if about to jump, using children's medicine to overdose on, etc.), but Bob attempts to talk her out of it with as much panic as if she would die if she went through with what she is about to do.
** Bob is not actually suicidal and his actions make sense in context, but Alice sees him, thinks he's going to kill himself, and attempts to talk him out of it.
** Alice was actually trying to persuade Bob to go through with killing himself, but her words actually persuade Bob to not do it. Bonus points if Bob thanks her profusely for it.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': ???
* '''Enforced''': ???
* '''Lampshaded''': ???
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': ???
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob refuses to listen to Alice and falls, only [[BungledSuicide he doesn't die]], and has to spend the rest of his life as a paraplegic due to injuring his spinal cord.
* '''Played For Laughs''': SuicideAsComedy.
Back to TalkingDownTheSuicidal
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???