'''Basic Trope''': A stealthy character appears and/or disappears without warning or explanation, often as the prelude or ending to a conversation.
* '''Straight''': Bob shows up in Alice's house without being seen or heard and freaks her out.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice is flying in a crowded plane and Bob suddenly shows up in the passenger seat beside her somehow without being seen. Once he's finished talking to her, somehow leaves the plane just as easily.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice is on the street and Bob sneaks up on her, using the crowd to hide himself until he gets close, then disappears just as easily.
** Bob is using his ninja skills to intimidate Alice into giving him information.
** Bob needs to talk to Alice but she is in a secure area, requiring a great deal of stealth.
* '''Inverted''': Bob somehow makes Alice appear in front of him when he needs to talk to her and makes her disapear when the conversation is over.
* '''Subverted''': Alice is GenreSavvy enough to expect Bob to pop in out of nowhere. He uses the door for once.
* '''Double Subverted''': Then,once the conversation is over, disappears from the room just to mess with her.
* '''Parodied''': Bob continually appears and disappears throughout the entire conversation until Alice becomes annoyed and shouts, "Stop that!".
* '''Zig Zagged''': Bob alternates between different methods of entering and leaving the room. Sometimes he empoys this trope and sometimes he doesn't. Sometime Alice knows he's coming and sometimes she doesn't.
* '''Averted''': Bob never shows up or leaves unannounced and uses the door.
* '''Enforced''': The writers want to make Bob look mysterious and BadAss.
* '''Lampshaded''': "I guess this is the part where you disappear and everyone is impressed, right?"
* '''Invoked''': Bob just learned how to use this technique in Ninja School so he tries it out on Alice.
* '''Exploited''': Bob is purposefully being spooky and unpredictable to scare Alice.
* '''Defied''': Alice catches Bob sneaking in through the window.
* '''Discussed''': "So how the hell do you do that anyway?"
* '''Conversed''': Bob and Alice see this in a movie and wonder how the character managed to sneak in without anyone seeing.
* '''Implied''': Alice describes a meeting with Bob and briefly mentions that she has no idea how he came and went from the room.
** Alice eventually gets tired of Bob doing this in conversations and grows increasingly paranoid and frustrated with him.
** By leaving mid-sentence, Bob misses a crucial detail and makes a significant mistake.
* '''Reconstructed''': Until he shows her how he does it. Then they take turns doing it to each other because it is just that darn fun to do.
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
* '''Played For Laughs''': Bob shows up in a random, inopportune place such as when Alice is at the dentist's office.
* '''Played For Drama''': When Bob does this, it frightens Alice and she has difficulty trusting him.
Now go back to StealthHiBye without anyone noticing.