'''Basic Trope''': A series' status quo never changes.
* '''Straight''': Bob [[GeorgeJetsonJobSecurity frequently loses his job]], but always gets it back by the end of the episode.
** Bob frequently destroys the entire world, but it's always replenished by the end of the episode.
* '''Downplayed''': The cast changes regularly, but the situation is always the same, so the show will always have the same setting.
* '''Justified''': The writers want the audience to be instantly familiar with the show's premise, and not have to worry about changes in the show's continuity.
* '''Inverted''': ''Every'' episode of the series changes the status quo, and the show follows one big arc.
** The show introduces a BlitheSpirit as a main character and quickly sets him/her up to convince Bob's boss that Bob is just a BunnyEarsLawyer.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** The writers claim that the events leading to the change in status quo were AllJustADream,and everything is back to normal once again.
** This time, Bob doesn't get his job back at the end of the episode, but the next episode shows him working his old job.
* '''Parodied''': Bob shoots his mother, and when Alice looks upon him in shock, he tells her not to worry because [[BreakingTheFourthWall she'll be back by the end of the episode anyway]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': Sometimes changes to the status quo stick, and sometimes they don't.
* '''Averted''': There is an ongoing continuity in the series.
* '''Enforced''': The show's executive keep ''everything'' the same because otherwise the fans would get angry at them.
* '''Lampshaded''': Isn't it odd how we have been the [[NotAllowedToGrowUp same age]] since ''forever''?
* '''Invoked''': A change occurs that threatens to shake up the series' dynamics, so the characters scramble to prevent the change from messing with the show.
* '''Exploited''': The characters frequently go straight to the GodzillaThreshold when solving problems, because any collateral damage caused will have disappeared by the next episode and all the characters know it.
* '''Defied''': Bob finally asks himself why the hell he keeps going back to the job if he's so inept at it that he can't go a day without losing it. The next time he loses the job, he resolves to leave it behind and find a job that he's actually good at.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': Alice: "This show is so ''boring'' Bob, nothing ever changes here...!"
* '''Deconstructed''': The show itself begins to grow stale and predictable because no changes ''ever'' stick around, and thus fans stop watching the show.
* '''Reconstructed''': However, people realise that, whilst the show's continuity might remain static, it still had genuine merits, and they continue watching it.
Back to StatusQuoIsGod
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???