'''Basic Trope''': A person or vehicle is able to break through solid panes of glass and will suffer no serious injuries or damage because of it, despite the fact that in RealLife, this same action would be extremely damaging or outright lethal.
* '''Straight''': Alice, a bank robber, crashes through the bank's plate glass window and keeps running like nothing happened.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice crashes through a series of plate glass windows, finds a car waiting outside, jumps through its front windshield, and drives off, driving back through the bank and crashing through even more plate windows.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice crashes through a window, and gets a few cuts, but nothing lethal.
** The glass is a special type of safety glass or Alice is wearing special protective clothing.
** Or, the glass is shown to be the kind used by Hollywood stuntmen; made of sugar.
** Alice benefits from SuperToughness, a HealingFactor, MindOverMatter (allowing her to blast the window and telekinetically repell the shards of broken glas), DishingOutDirt or AnIcePerson (allowing her to create herself a shield) or any other explicit super power she uses to not get hurt.
** The glass is hardened to the point where crashing through it is impossible.
** Alice tries to crash through a glass window... And [[MadeOfPlasticine she's the one that ends up]] [[AmusingInjuries shattered in pieces!]]
** Alice is wearing protective clothing or armor over most of her body.
** Alice tries to jump through the window... And fails to break through, instead bouncing off and falling to the floor in one of the most painful and embarassing moments of her life.
** Alice jumps through the window. The camera follows very closely from above and behind her head as she continues running away at full speed. When she finally reaches safety and the adrenaline wears off, the camera pulls back, as she and the audience both realize her clothing and skin have suffered numerous serious gashes.
** Alice looks like she's going to jump through the window, but at the last second stops and opens the window and goes through the opening.
* '''Double Subverted''': Alice realizes she left her pistol inside the bank, and jumps through the window to retrieve it.
** Alice [[PistolWhipping pistol whips]] the window and the entire thing shatters.
** Alice walks through a glass window, retrieves a newspaper from the ground, and goes back into the building through another crystal window, without even noticing.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice jumps at the window, but it stays firm. After shooting it a few times, she runs at it and breaks through, but not without severe injuries, though those may have been caused be the landing, until she notices the glass shard embedded in her shoulder...
* '''Averted''': The bank doesn't have any glass windows or doors. Or nobody attempts to shatter the glass doors and windows if they were there.
* '''Enforced''': "It's the opening scene, it's high-action, and it needs a classic finish. Alice, you're gonna need a specialized suit for when you crash through the front window."
* '''Lampshaded''': "I thought that jumping through windows would be a bit... Painful."
** The glass was poorly made and thin, and Alice is wearing enough to protect her.
** Alice runs through a film set during her escape, and can't resist the urge to jump through a few sheets of the sugar-glass that are really used on TV (annoyed effects crew optional).
* '''Exploited''': Alice uses her ability to crash through glass without getting hurt to [[CutLexLuthorACheck make a living]].
* '''Defied''': There are armed police standing outside each window, ensuring that if Alice survives breaking through the window, and the fall, she won't survive the ensuing assault.
* '''Discussed''': "I'm thinking of putting pitfall traps around the outside of these windows, you know, so that way we can still catch the robbers."
* '''Conversed''': "Why do these films have buildings with glass windows, only for somebody to break through them? Can't they be made of some other more resilient material?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Alice jumps through the window but gets serious cuts in her clothing and skin from the shards.
* '''Reconstructed''': But as long as she gets the money, she's willing to take that risk.
Back to SoftGlass, but watch out for th- CRASH TINKLE TINKLE -never mind...
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???