'''Basic Trope''': When the weather gets cold, snow and ice immediately appear.
* '''Straight''': After the EvilOverlord hits the Earth with his global FreezeRay, fierce snowstorms appear all over the planet.
* '''Exaggerated''': After the EvilOverlord hits the Earth with his global FreezeRay, the planet is covered with six feet of ice.
* '''Downplayed''': After the EvilOverlord hits Earth with his global FreezeRay, the area where the focus is was raining, then it turns to snow. It shows another shot of people on the snowless beach shivering up.
* '''Justified''': Before attacking the Earth with his FreezeRay, the EvilOverlord vaporized the planet's ice caps to increase the atmospheric humidity.
* '''Inverted''': The global FreezeRay blasts away moisture, so it gets drier as it gets colder.
* '''Subverted''': The EvilOverlord hits the Earth with his global FreezeRay, but snow doesn't fall in arid locations.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...For about thirty seconds. Then the winter weather kicks in.
* '''Parodied''': The EvilOverlord turns down the thermostat at his SuperVillainLair, then a snowstorm appears in his Grand Chamber.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': After the earth is hit by the FreezeRay, only moist places snow.
* '''Enforced''': The main sponsor sells designer parkas, which are [[ProductPlacement prominently featured]] on the show.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Oh, no! That snow must mean the EvilOverlord has activated his FreezeRay!"
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': ???
* '''Discussed''': "The BigBad has a global FreezeRay? Here comes the snow-covered deserts."
* '''Conversed''': "I [[SarcasmMode love]] how screenwriters have no knowledge of basic meteorology."
Back to SnowMeansCold
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???