'''Basic Trope''': A couple showers together.
* '''Straight''': AliceAndBob take a shower together.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice and Bob actually have sex in the shower.
* '''Downplayed''': They share the bathroom some other way, e.g. Bob is shaving while Alice is in the shower.
** Alice and Bob are a very [[InsatiableNewlyweds intimate couple]] who maybe want to try something new during sex.
** On a pragmatic level, showering together (theoretically, at least!) saves time and water.
* '''Inverted''': Alice and Bob shower separately.
** Alice gets in the shower alone, while Bob brushes his teeth.
** Alice and Bob shower together, but don't have sex.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** But then Bob joins her in the shower. Cue SexyDiscretionShot.
** But then The Mood strikes, and CoitusEnsues when they get out.
** Alice and Bob use the soap as not only a lubricant, but an actual sex toy.
** Alice and Bob get into a shower stall... And [[GRatedSex literally sing together]].
** Alice and Bob hosts a morning TV show together -- in their shower -- which leads to sex.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Alice and Bob don't shower at all.
* '''Enforced''': A writer wants Alice and Bob's relationship to be HotterAndSexier.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Save water, shower with me, Alice!"
* '''Invoked''': Alice and Bob are InsatiableNewlyweds on their honeymoon.
* '''Exploited''': ???
** Alice and Bob don't find the shower a sexy setting (see "Deconstructed"), so they have sex either before or after they shower.
** Alice and Bob don't find showering together appealing.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': RealityEnsues -- Shower sex isn't without its challenges: it can be slippery, and water tends to wash away the body's natural lubricants.
* '''Reconstructed''': Alice and Bob can shower together, but save the actual sex for when they get out, or they can find a position to use that won't result in slipping and falling and hurting themselves on hard surfaces, and use lubricants (usually silicone-based) that are water-sex friendly.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Alice and Bob can't get into a good position in the cramped stall shower, slip on the soap, etc.
* '''Played For Drama''':
** Alice and Bob are having make-up sex.
** One of them dies because of the hazards that come with having sex in the shower. The one who survives feels guilty about it.
** Bob breaks up with Alice and Alice is so depressed over losing her love, she masturbates in the shower.
Back to ShowerOfLove
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???