'''Basic Trope''': A new character is introduced into a series with much fanfare, doesn't resonate with the audience, and is removed fairly quickly.
* '''Straight''': Troperia Tales introduced its new season with newcomer Alice, [[RememberTheNewGuy who is revealed to be Bob's cousin who lived down the block]]. She quickly takes a major role in the series. The audience doesn't like her, so halfway into the season, she awkwardly [[PutOnABus visits her sick mother we've never heard of and is never heard from again.]]
* '''Exaggerated''': All marketing material heavily features Alice, and she quickly becomes [[TheHero extremely important.]] The audience despises her so much she's [[DroppedABridgeOnHer hit by a falling plane]] by the second episode.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice is hired as a guest star for a VerySpecialEpisode, and the writers are told to prepare to write her in for frequent appearances. The episode is highly touted for her appearance, but bombs in the ratings. Her character is never mentioned again.
* '''Justified''': Alice's behavior annoyed both the characters and the audience.
* '''Inverted''': Despite only having a few scenes in a the first season of Troperia Tales, Alice becomes [[EnsembleDarkhorse very popular]] and becomes a full character in the second season.
** Alice is a new character massively hyped, but she's written out for extremely believable reasons, like a [[IllGirl disease that was part of her character from the get-go.]]
** Alternatively, the audience didn't have a problem with Alice, but she's written out because of [[RoleEndingMisdemeanor problems]] with [[AbsenteeActor the girl that plays her.]]
** When Alice is going to get written off, her brother Jack comes to pick her up. Because of [[TwinBanter actor chemistry]], the audience changes their mind about her.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** After the business with the actress is complete, Alice returns. The audience loathes her due to this, and she quickly [[ReassignedToAntarctica takes a new job in another country.]]
** The executives take the wrong message, write off Jack, and bring Alice back for more loathing.
** Alice takes on duties [[GodModeSue not even possible for normal folk.]] She's so reviled the show [[ChuckCunninghamSyndrome doesn't even bother to explain getting rid of her]].
** Or if they do, it's [[BusCrash extreme]] and [[PutOnABusToHell exceedingly vicious]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice is introduced with much fanfare, doesn't gel well, and is going to get written off. Her brother comes to get her and that is well-received. The execs don't understand and bring back Alice with no Jack and it falters, sending Alice for a new job in East Asia. She comes back in three episodes.
* '''Averted''': [[ClassicallyTrainedExtra Alice is a new cast member and successful actress, but doesn't receive top billing.]]
* '''Enforced''': "Man, putting Alice on was a huge mistake, let's get rid of her. How? I dunno, make her [[ColonyDrop get hit by the moon or something]]".
* '''Lampshaded''': "Remember when they wrote out Alice? That was random, wasn't it".
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': ???
** Alice's reasons for leaving the show make perfect sense.
** Alice doesn't leave the show, whether she's [[CreatorsPet reviled]] or not.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "Hey, look, the actors are striking. What do you think that will cause?" "Hey, they wrote out Alice in a stupid way. They can do it again".
** Putting Alice on the show and [[CreatorsPet all the hype she gets while there]] [[JumpingtheShark is the beginning of the end for the show]].
** Executives see what happened with the show, misinterpret, and [[ScrewedByTheNetwork it goes to a different slot instead.]]
Back to ShooOutTheNewGuy
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???