'''Basic Trope''': A sheet of glass is broken in a high speed car chase.
** Bob and Alice are carrying a pane of glass across Trope City. Halfway to their destination, a high-speed car chase passes through and shatters the glass.
** Claire is involved in a high speed car race across Trope City. The camera jumps ahead to show that two glass-workers are carrying a huge pane of glass across the street where the leading car just turned. A moment later, the car speeds through the glass, sending shards everywhere.
** Every time Bob and Alice try to carry a pane of glass across the city, it shatters.
** There is a whole glass replacing contest going on, and the car runs into half a dozen sheets of glass.
** The glass breaks into five large pieces.
** The car leaves an ImpactSilhouette.
** Bob and Alice didn't see that car chase coming.
** Someone really needed a big window fixed, and there was no other way to get that sheet there.
** The car hits the pane of glass. The glass holds up. [[TheAllegedCar The car breaks.]]
** A glass-worker's car comes honking the way of the car chase, and cannot dodge one of them.
** Bob and Alice very quickly dodge the oncoming car, protecting the pane of glass.
** Claire speeds through, but strangely enough there is no glass; Bob and Alice are mimes performing their "carrying a sheet of glass" routine.
** All the cars bother and manage to dodge the glass.
** As the car chase proceeds, the camera keeps making dramatic cuts back and forth from the chase to the sheet of glass - however, as the window fixing and the car chase are happening in completely different areas of the city, the chase never disrupts the repairs.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** ...That's when a second car comes through and breaks it.
** Bob and Alice react suitably, improvising a "glass sheet shattered" ending to their act.
** Something else shatters the glass.
** There is a organization completely devoted to carrying sheets of glass across to the other side of that road, the sheets breaking is a common occurrence.
** Alice and Bob, experienced window repairmen, are carrying a sheet of glass when they hear car chase sounds from distance, and panic.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Bob and Alice have to dodge a truly ridiculous number of cars.
* '''Averted''': There is no pane of glass in the car chase, or there is no car chase anywhere near the sheet of glass.
* '''Enforced''': "We've got everything in this car chase planned out...but it lacks a certain something. Wait, I've got it... how about we have a pane of glass being carried through the city."
* '''Lampshaded''': "There's got to be an easier way to do this."
* '''Invoked''': "Bob! Alice! Take this glass across town." "But it's the middle of the day and it's rush hour!" "I don't care! Just do it!"
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Bob and Alice decide to take a safer route.
* '''Discussed''': Aww man! We just had that glass cleaned!
* '''Conversed''': No car chase scene is complete without the brutal massacre of pedestrian glass sheets!
* '''Deconstructed''': The constantly shattered glass takes a toll on the local economy, making glass a highly-priced commodity and eventually instigating a gigantic international war.
* '''Reconstructed''': The constantly shattered glass, while irritating, teaches a valuable lesson to the Glass Corporation.
* '''Played For Laughs''':
** Alice asks Bob, "We still get paid, right?"
** Two cars speed through. The first leaves an ImpactSilhouette, and the second shatters the glass.
* '''Played For Drama''': The shattered glass injures and/or kills several pedestrians.
Careful with that SheetOfGlass... Oh, now look what you did.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???