'''Basic Trope''': A sheet of glass is broken in a high speed car chase.
** Bob and Alice are carrying a pane of glass across Trope City. Halfway to their destination, a high-speed car chase passes through and shatters the glass.
** Claire is involved in a high speed car race across Trope City. The camera jumps ahead to show that two glass-workers are carrying a huge pane of glass across the street where the leading car just turned. A moment later, the car speeds through the glass, sending shards everywhere.
** Every time Bob and Alice try to carry a pane of glass across the city, it shatters.
** There is a whole glass replacing contest going on, and the car runs into half a dozen sheets of glass.
** The glass breaks into five large pieces.
** The glass is only slightly chipped by the car chase.
** Bob and Alice didn't see that car chase coming.
** Someone really needed a big window fixed, and there was no other way to get that sheet there.
** Claire hit the glass to avoid hitting Bob and Alice.
** The car hits the pane of glass. The glass holds up. [[TheAllegedCar The car breaks.]]
** A glass-worker's car comes honking the way of the car chase, and cannot dodge one of them.
** The pane of glass endures the crash.
** The car bounces back upon hitting the glass.
** Claire throws a pane of glass into a car that Alice & Bob are carrying, shattering the car.
** Alice and Bob are running while carrying a sheet of glass, and break the glass when they run into a parked car.
** Bob and Alice very quickly dodge the oncoming car, protecting the pane of glass.
** Claire speeds through, but strangely enough there is no glass; Bob and Alice are mimes performing their "carrying a sheet of glass" routine.
** All the cars bother and manage to dodge the glass.
** As the car chase proceeds, the camera keeps making dramatic cuts back and forth from the chase to the sheet of glass - however, as the window fixing and the car chase are happening in completely different areas of the city, the chase never disrupts the repairs.
** The car chase politely stops to allow Alice and Bob to finish crossing the street, then resumes.
** Alice and Bob react as though the oncoming car is going to smash through their sheet of glass... but the car swerves and hits ''Alice'' instead, while the second car hits Bob. And the glass stays in one piece.
* '''Double Subverted''':
** ...That's when a second car comes through and breaks it.
** Bob and Alice react suitably, improvising a "glass sheet shattered" ending to their act.
** Something else shatters the glass.
** The car goes out of its way to drive all the way back around and smash through the glass purposefully.
** There is a organization completely devoted to carrying sheets of glass across to the other side of that road, the sheets breaking is a common occurrence.
** Alice and Bob, experienced window repairmen, are carrying a sheet of glass when they hear car chase sounds from distance, and panic.
** The car misses the glass sheet, and turns around to try again, and keeps doing so until he finally hits it.
** The car leaves a [[ImpactSilhouette car-shaped hole]] in the glass.
* '''Zig Zagged''':
** Bob and Alice have to dodge a truly ridiculous number of cars.
** Claire drives toward the glass in a series of wide turns, making the fate of the glass unclear.
* '''Averted''': There is no pane of glass in the car chase, or there is no car chase anywhere near the sheet of glass.
* '''Enforced''': "We've got everything in this car chase planned out...but it lacks a certain something. Wait, I've got it... how about we have a pane of glass being carried through the city."
** "There's got to be an easier way to do this."
** "Sure! I just had to get chased through a giant window crossing the street!"
* '''Invoked''': "Bob! Alice! Take this glass across town." "But it's the middle of the day and it's rush hour!" "I don't care! Just do it!"
* '''Exploited''': Claire deliberately crashes into the sheet, using the millions of shards of flying glass to [[EyeScream blind their pursuers]], who are in a convertible.
** Bob and Alice decide to take a safer route.
** Claire changes course as soon as she sees Bob and Alice.
** "Aww man! We just had that glass cleaned!"
** "Hopefully, we won't have a car drive through this window."
* '''Conversed''': "No car chase scene is complete without the brutal massacre of pedestrian glass sheets!"
* '''Implied''': Bob and Alice are carrying the pane of glass, with the next shot being a car chase. The next shot is a shot of them being fired.
* '''Deconstructed''': The constantly shattered glass takes a toll on the local economy, making glass a highly-priced commodity and eventually instigating a gigantic international war.
* '''Reconstructed''': The constantly shattered glass, while irritating, teaches a valuable lesson to the Glass Corporation.
* '''Played For Laughs''':
** Alice asks Bob, "We still get paid, right?"
** Two cars speed through. The first leaves an ImpactSilhouette, and the second shatters the glass.
* '''Played For Drama''':
** The shattered glass injures and/or kills several pedestrians.
** The chasing cars regain their lost trail from the commotion of the shattered glass.
Careful with that SheetOfGlass... Oh, now look what you did.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???