'''Basic Trope''': A character (usually female) who normally dresses down dresses up for an occasion, surprising and impressing the people around her (including her LoveInterest).
* '''Straight''': Alice, who normally dresses in jeans and a scruffy jacket and spurns makeup, appears at a function in an elegant evening dress and make-up, amazing Bob with her beautiful appearance.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice, who is normally ThePigPen, appears in a ball-gown, literally glowing with beauty. Her very appearance is enough to bring everyone to their knees weeping with joy.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice usually wears jeans, a jacket, and a bit of makeup if she has time in the morning. She appears at a function in an evening dress and more makeup than she usually wears, and Bob thinks she's quite attractive.
** Alice rarely feels the need to dress up, and it's an aspect of her that people rarely see, thus making it a surprise when she makes an effort.
** Alice is a genuinely beautiful person but normally lacks the confidence to present herself to best effect.
** Alice, normally known to dress elegantly in every appearance, shows up in relaxed and slightly scruffy attire, surprising Bob.
** Alice appears all dolled up, only for everyone to remark that she looks better [[UnkemptBeauty in her normal clothes]]
* '''Gender Inverted''': Bob, who normally has unkempt hair, scraggly five o'clock shadow and dresses in a ratty tank-top and jeans, shows up showered, and shaved, [[SharpDressedMan in an Armani suit]]. Alice is in awe when she sees how handsome he is.
* '''Subverted''': Alice dresses up elegantly. No one notices.
* '''Doubly Subverted''': At least, that's what ''Alice'' thinks; Bob in fact did notice.
** Alice's idea of what is 'elegant' and 'fashionable' is quite different from everyone else's; people's reactions of surprise and amazement are not for the reasons she thinks.
** Perhaps the girl in the dress is really [[AttractiveBentGender Allen]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': Alice has a changing sense of style, and is known to dress appropriately regardless of the context.
* '''Enforced''': "We have to show that the tomboy has her feminine side."
* '''Lampshaded''': "Wow, you really do clean up nice!"
* '''Invoked''': Alice, who wants Bob to notice her, invites him to a formal event and dresses up for it.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Not wanting to attract too much attention, Alice either wears the shabbiest clothes she is allowed to, or avoids the event entirely.
* '''Discussed''': "Hmm, Alice isn't here yet. Bet you five bucks she shows up all Disney Princess'd and totally wows Bob."
* '''Conversed''': "In shows like this, the tomboy always gets dolled up for the big dance and everyone always oohs and ahhs like she's the Second Coming."
** Bob falls in love with the "cleaned-up" Alice, which leads to dissatisfaction in the relationship when Alice prefers to dress down afterwards.
* '''Reconstructed''': Bob realizes that Alice is Alice despite what she's wearing, and falls in love with her actual persona instead of the image of her dressed up.
Back to SheCleansUpNicely
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???