'''Basic Trope''': A ShapeShifter transforms into TheHero's loved one, giving him hesitation.
* '''Straight''': Eva transforms into [[TheHero Bob]]'s dead little sister Alice, forcing Bob into a HeroicBSOD.
* '''Exaggerated''': Eva transforms into Bob's dead family, [[DrivenToSuicide driving Bob to suicide]].
* '''Downplayed''': Eva transforms into Bob's pet dog, which makes Bob confused.
** Eva knows about Bob's past to hit where it hurts.
** Eva feeds off misery to live, and her time is nearly up so she takes Alice's form to feed off Bob's emotions.
** Eva isn't well adapted[=/=]trained for direct confrontations, with her shapeshifting abilities being better suited for stealth and infiltration missions. So, when she ends up engaged in a duel with Bob, she decides to take Alice's form to confuse him and try to make a shift escape.
** Eva transforms into Bob's sworn-enemy, and taunts him in order to make him lose his composure and judgment.
** Eva is on Bob's side, and transforms into Bob's mentor to give him more confidence.
** Eva transforms into Alice, but Bob gives no response...
** Alternatively, all the transformation manages to do is piss Bob off. "You don't deserve to wear that face!"
* '''Double Subverted''': Until Eva, as Alice, calls him out for letting her die. Cue BSOD.
* '''Parodied''': Eva turns into [[DisappearedDad Bob's neglectful father]], hoping to start a HeroicBSOD. [[CurbStompBattle Cue the parental abandonment issues.]]
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
* '''Averted''': This strategy never comes across Eva's mind
* '''Enforced''': "We're contractually obligated to have Alice's actress appear in another episode, but the character's dead. How about we have Eva shapeshift into her to emotionally freak out Bob?"
* '''Lampshaded''': "Oh yeah, transform into my dead little sister, ''very'' original."
* '''Invoked''': Eva starts studying all the information regarding Bob's lost sister, just [[CrazyPrepared in case she ends up in trouble and she has to use that transformation against him]].
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Eva doesn't go for old wounds, seeing them as a cheap way to achieve a win.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': Eva transforms into Alice, but instead of pressing a BSOD button, it pressed a BerserkButton. Eva [[CurbStompBattle soon finds herself in fifteen separate pieces, with enough of her body to still be torn apart]].
* '''Reconstructed''': Eva decides to stay as Alice, [[StrikeMeDownWithAllOfYourHatred so that while Bob is killing her, it would look like he's killing Alice]], thus [[MyGodWhatHaveIDone BSOD moment]].
Back to ShapeshifterGuiltTrip
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???