'''Basic Trope''': A NintendoHard video game boss, usually in a fighting game.
* '''Straight''': In ''Destiny Duel III'', the FinalBoss, Blackhole, is difficult to defeat, due to him countering your every move, having high attack strength, and possessing a Super Move that fills the entire screen.
* '''Exaggerated''': Blackhole defeats you in one hit. Instantly.
** Blackhole's AI is very powerful, but he is balanced for multiplayer.
** Blackhole has a ton of cheap moves, but his [[ArtificialStupidity AI]] is very poor.
** Blackhole either only has [[GlassCannon ridiculous attack]] or [[StoneWall ridiculous defense]].
* '''Justified''': The Blackhole that serves as the end boss is a powered up version of the one that is available in multiplayer, reflecting him showing his true power.
** The ''player'' becomes the nigh-unstoppable badass during the final battle.
* '''Subverted''': Blackhole's attack strength is very high... but [[GlassCannon his defense is low]] and his attacks leave him vulnerable.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...for round one. Once you beat him for the first round, he decides [[LetsGetDangerous it's time to stop playing around,]] [[TurnsRed and shows off his full power]].
** Blackhole is obviously CherryTapping, including attacking you with his pinky or his little toe.
** Blackhole fights with ''a different genre's rules'' while you're still in ''fighting game'' rules!
* '''Zig-Zagged''': (continued from "Double Subverted") And then in round three he thinks he overdid it, and goes back to using less than his full power.
* '''Averted''': The boss is different for every character, but it's always a playable character.
* '''Enforced''': "How will we keep gamers coming back [[MoneyDearBoy for their quarters]] again and again? I know! Make the boss real hard!"
* '''Lampshaded''': "You will die a thousand deaths before my awesome power!"
* '''Invoked''': The creators of Duel Destiny III have mentioned that they always believe in giving the gamers a challenge...
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': The creators of Duel Destiny III do not want to be unfair to the player, so Blackhole is no harder than the other opponents.
* '''Discussed''': "What're we gonna do? He's so powerful, we gotta give him everything we've got!"
* '''Conversed''': "ARGH! Stupid freaking Blackhole! Another quarter..."
* '''Deconstructed''': Blackhole is hated by the community, who advocate using cheap methods to defeat him, or even recommend against pumping quarters into the machine.
** However, the Hardcore crowd loves him, considering him to be a WorthyOpponent for their skill.
** The company takes note, and in Duel Destiny IV, the new final boss, Deathwing, is more balanced, but still tough.
** The company, after seeing so many complaints, release a notice about a small exploit they built in that prevents him from using his super, making him balanced even for casual players.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Blackhole is a boss, not necessarily the final boss, of a fighting game in a similar vein to ''VideoGame/IWannaBeTheGuy'', thus his difficulty is cheap to the point of hilarity.
* '''Played For Drama''': If you lose and don't continue (or [[VideoGame/StreetFighterAlpha can't continue]]) against Blackhole, you get the BadEnding.
Back to SNKBoss to [[VideoGame/StreetFighterIV witness my limitless power!]]
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???