'''Basic Trope''': A joke that goes along the lines of, "X usually does Y. Here, Y does X." "X" is usually, though not always, "you."
* '''Straight''': "In America, you can always find a party. In Soviet Russia, the Party finds you!"
** "In Soviet Russia, (DisasterDominoes) you!"
** "In Soviet Russia, food/water eats/drinks you!"
** "In Soviet Russia, cars drive you!"
** "In Soviet Russia, [[MindScrew life lives you!]]"
* '''Downplayed''': In America, you joke about Russia. In Soviet Russia, it jokes about you!
* '''Justified''': The joke is a commentary on a real negative aspect of Soviet Russia.
** "In Russia, you can always find a party. In Capitalist America, the Party finds you!"
** "In Russia, you might rob a bank. In Capitalist America, bank robs you!"
* '''Subverted''': The line stars out "In Soviet Russia..." but what follows is a non-humorous observation that doesn't follow the format of the joke.
* '''Double Subverted''': "...but in RedChina, (noun) (verbs) you!"
** "In Soviet Russia, AWinnerIsYou!"
** Alice tells the joke to Bob. "In America, you joke about Russia. In Soviet Russia, it jokes about you!" Then a ''sentient'' USSR flag enters, saying "In Alice, you joke about me. In Bob, I joke about you!"
* '''Zig Zagged''':
** Someone makes a variety of observations related to Soviet Russia -- only some of which are humorous Russian Reversals.
** "...and in Capitalist America, [[MindScrew (verb) (nouns) you!]] [[RunningGag And in North Korea, ]][[MindScrew (noun) yous (verb)!]] [[OverlyLongGag And in Great Britain, you (noun) (verb)! And in Cuba, (noun) (adjectives) (verb)! And in South Korea, (adjective) you (verbs)! And in...]]"
* '''Averted''': A Soviet citizen makes a positive commentary about America or an allied nation and leaves it at that.
* '''Enforced''': "That Yakov Smirnoff guy sure was funny. Let's include a ShoutOut to him!"
** "That doesn't even make any sense!"
** "Because that is the syntax of the language."
* '''Invoked''': People are talking about politics near Bob, a fan of Yakov. Guess what happens next.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': "In America, you can always find a party. In Soviet Russia -- wait, those jokes are unfunny."
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
** A Soviet Communist Party or KGB (ex-)member hears the joke [[DudeNotFunny and is offended by it]]. Even worse if the [[StateSec KGB arrests the person for telling the joke]].
** Or someone tells him that [[MakesJustAsMuchSenseInContext the joke does not make sense, even in context]].
* '''Reconstructed''': That same Party/KGB member [[ActuallyPrettyFunny is able to laugh at himself]].
* '''Played For Drama''': In Soviet Russia, party finds you! But it's a party of bounty hunters.
In Soviet Russia, [[RussianReversal the main page goes back to you!]]
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???