'''Basic Trope''': An object colored red will appear to move more quickly than normal.
* '''Straight''': Bob's racecar is red. It regularly outruns other racecars that are not also red.
* '''Exaggerated''': Even though every other car in the race is red, Bob's racecar is ''candy'' apple red, so he still wins.
* '''Downplayed''': Bob manages to beat [[BigBad Emperor Evulz]] with an identical-model racecar by a few milliseconds because his is red.
** The red paintjob is new. Bob's racecar was always the fastest.
** The race takes place in a simulation where paint job customisation affects stats. Red reduces air resistance and therefore increases speed.
* '''Inverted''': Bob's car is red, and [[TheAllegedCar the slowest]].
* '''Subverted''': Bob's red racecar is the [[TheAllegedCar slowest car]] on the track.
* '''Double Subverted''': But the other red cars are the fastest.
* '''Parodied''': Bob's racecar is not only red, but is covered with flame decals and leaves flame trails and a visible Redshift where it drives.
* '''Zig Zagged''': The red paint's speed-enhancing powers randomly turn on and off at the start of each race.
* '''Averted''': Bob's racecar is the fastest one on the track. It's also green.
* '''Enforced''': The rules say that the fastest car in the race must always be painted red.
* '''Lampshaded''': "That red car looks like it goes the fastest."
* '''Invoked''': Before the big race, Bob changes the color scheme of his car and paints it red.
* '''Exploited''': Every racer paints their car red in order to go faster.
** The only person who doesn't paint their car red wins because now they stand out from the crowd.
** Bob's red racecar consistently breaks down.
** Bob's sense of honour prevents him from abusing red paint to beat his opponents.
* '''Discussed''': "We should really paint Bob's car red for the big race; everyone knows the red ones go faster."
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': Every racer paints their car red in order to go faster.
* '''Reconstructed''': In response, the racetracks are constructed with many more corners than before. Only skilled drivers can take advantage of the speed boost of red paint without totaling their car.
Back to RedOnesGoFaster.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???