'''Basic Trope''': Pterosaurs are portrayed inaccurately.
* '''Straight''': The PteroSoarer is scaly and has a long tail
** The ''Pteranodon'' is bipedal, scaly, toothed, has a long tail, no crest, and eats people.
** [[AllFlyersAreBirds The Pteranodon is really just an oversized bird that does]] ''[[AllFlyersAreBirds everything]]'' [[AllFlyersAreBirds even remotely bird-like, from singing bird songs, perching on trees, and eating worms.]]
** The ''Pteranodon'' is portrayed [[ScienceMarchesOn what people from the 60s thought they were like]].
** The ''Pteranodon'' only has minor inaccuracies, such as a slightly off crest shape.
** The PteroSoarer is an undiscovered species.
** The PteroSoarer is actually a reconstruction from pterosaur DNA mixed with DNA from other reptiles.
** The PteroSoarer appears only in a dream sequence, and all other pterosaurs are accurate.
** A bird that behaves like a ''Pteranodon'' (AKA, a pelican).
* '''Subverted''': The PteroSoarer is a hybrid between a ''Pteranodon'' and ''Rhamphorhynchus''
* '''Double Subverted''':...but is still bipedal and scaly.
** Our ''Rhamphorhynchus'' tried eating a clam and all his teeth fell out.
** Alice always thought a ''Pteranodon'' is a cat.
* '''Zig Zagged''': The PteroSoarer is furry in winter and scaly in summer.
* '''Averted''': The ''Pteranodon'' is portrayed correctly.
** The ''Rhamphorhynchus'''s dentist is angry.
** AcceptableBreaksFromReality, where its accurate portrayal could have otherwise clash with the show's entertainment value.
** He is ostracized due to inaccuracy.
** "I could have sworn they look nothing like this!"
* '''Invoked''': Bob got a rare bird and convince people it's a ''Pteranodon''.
* '''Exploited''': He put it in a freak show and rip people off their money to see a 'real-life ''Pteranodon'''.
* '''Defied''': The PteroSoarer had plastic surgery to remove his long tail.
* '''Discussed''': An eccentric millionaire and a palaeontologist argue over how to recreate the ''Pteranodon''.
* '''Conversed''': "Some of the previews for this upcoming dinosaur movie are depicting flying reptiles very inaccurately."
* '''Implied''': ''Pteranodons'' are extinct and are not seen, but its skeletal display seems to look odd.
* '''Deconstructed''': An eccentric millionaire recreates extinct animals. When he messes up the ''Pteranodon'' design because of his outmoded ideas, it turns out to be totally ill-suited to doing anything and promptly dies.
* '''Reconstructed''': The millionaire learns his lesson and adjusts the design to be more accurate.
* '''Played For Laughs''': An eccentric millionaire recreates extinct animals; when he shows the resident palaeontologist his plans for the pterosaur design, the palaeontologist hits his head against the wall.
* '''Played For Drama''': After arguing with said eccentric millionaire, the palaeontologist feels ignored and neglected, and either goes on strike or opts out of the project.
Back to PteroSoarer
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???