'''Basic Trope''': A democratically-elected EvilOverlord.
* '''Straight''': Bob, President of Tropeland, does things that connote [[KickTheDog poor morality]].
* '''Exaggerated''': President Bob engages in [[FinalSolution genocide]].
* '''Downplayed''': People question the morality of some of President Bob's actions.
** President Bob's actions were necessary for the existence of Tropeland.
** [[TheGoodKing President Bob spreads good and peace in Tropeland and abroad.]]
** President Bob is a good person. It's [[EvilChancellor Vice President Alice]] who merits scrutiny.
* '''Subverted''': President Bob's evil laws are ruled unconstitutional.
* '''Double Subverted''': President Bob's evil laws are ruled unconstitutional ... so he arranges to have Tropeland's constitution repealed, rewritten or suspended.
* '''Parodied''': President Bob opens all his speeches by saying, [[SuspiciouslySpecificDenial "I have done nothing illegal or unethical in the past twenty-four hours."]]
* '''Zig Zagged''': President Bob operates within the confines of Tropeland's laws whenever he can and lets his political enemies see him doing so, but he bends or breaks them when he has a goal best left unstated.
* '''Averted''': President Bob is not evil.
* '''Enforced''': The work is a political satire set in a PeoplesRepublicOfTyranny.
** "Wow, President Bob is ''horrible''."
** "Who the hell voted for this guy?"
* '''Invoked''': Bob, a vigilante with a few extrajudicial killings under his belt, seeks the Tropeland presidency on a xenophobic anti-immigrant platform, secretly planning to sanction his actions and similar actions conducted by other yahoos retroactively.
* '''Exploited''': Vice President Alice catches President Bob working out a corrupt deal and blackmails him by threatening to tell all the voters unless he gives her more of a say in his government.
* '''Defied''': Despite [[ScrewTheRulesIMakeThem many opportunities to flout the law without too many people questioning him]], President Bob never strays from a LawfulGood path.
* '''Discussed''': "I just don't trust President Bob. I bet he's evil."
* '''Conversed''': "By now, voters on this show really ought to have learned [[SomeAnvilsNeedToBeDropped maintaining a healthy democracy is tougher than it sounds]]."
* '''Implied''': President Bob, who deeply regrets [[FormerTeenRebel his past as a scofflaw]], constantly complains of youth turning to crime so easily and expresses a desire to "see to it that those punks never do ''anything'' again."
* '''Deconstructed''': After President Bob [[MoralEventHorizon authorizes the execution of someone from Tropendom]] -- [[TooDumbToLive which is led by his sworn enemy, Prime Minister Leah]] -- she [[DisproportionateRetribution takes matters into her own hands]] via [[NuclearOption the bomb]].
* '''Reconstructed''': President Bob learns the principles of PragmaticVillainy to ensure he doesn't give relatively good foreign leaders an excuse to go after him.
* '''Played For Laughs''': President Bob forces everyone in Tropeland to pull humorous stunts.
* '''Played For Drama''': President Bob's misdeeds cause many Tropelanders to do things which, in the narrow letter of the law, constitute "treason", so to maintain his status as a "law and order" type, he is forced either to execute or imprison for life the vast majority of his country's population. Naturally, this leaves virtually all spheres of life more or less abandoned, and Tropeland falls into deep disrepair.
* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': President Bob is a [[NoCelebritiesWereHarmed thinly veiled version of a world leader who really is/was that bad]].
Back to PresidentEvil