'''Basic Trope''': Two characters--usually of the EveryoneCanSeeIt type--have sex before a climactic event.
* '''Straight''': The night before the FiveManBand goes after Emperor Evulz, Alice and Bob decide to have sex.
** Every couple--from main to beta--has sex before the battle.
** Alice and Bob have sex before every major battle.
* '''Downplayed''': Before the final battle, Alice and Bob finally kiss.
* '''Justified''': They're incredibly stressed out, and sex is the only way to get their mind off the upcoming fight. Untimely, sex is the only way to sleep--which they desperately need the night before a fight.
** Alice and Bob--a normally sexually-active couple--''abstain'' the night before the big battle.
* '''Subverted''': Alice goes alone into Bob's room, the night before a fight, and the music indicates sex is coming. But then it turns out they're just talking about the strategy before the big battle.
* '''Double Subverted''': …then Bob says, "You know, I've always liked you, and we don't know if we'll make it back…"
* '''Parodied''': Anytime Alice and Bob are separated--going to the grocery store, for instance--they have wild sex just in case one of them doesn't make it.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice goes into Bob's room… to talk about training. Bob suggests they sleep together, just in case. Alice rebuffs him, but hints that after the battle, if they both make it, she might be open to the idea…
* '''Averted''': No one has sex before a big battle.
* '''Enforced''': "This story needs a couple of steamy scenes to really hook in the viewers."\\
"How about we have Alice and Bob do it before the big finale?"
* '''Lampshaded''': "Imminent disaster makes me randy…"
* '''Invoked''': Bob talks about his long dry spell and the fact that he might not be able to remedy it around Alice.
* '''Exploited''': Bob is a rapist who relies on manipulating his victims into bed, so he uses the upcoming battle to seduce Alice.
* '''Defied''': "You want me to do ''what''? Hell no! I don't care if there's a battle tomorrow!"
* '''Discussed''': "Boy, those ActionGirl types are easy pickings right before a big battle!"
* '''Conversed''': "Of course they have sex now--they might not get a second chance."
** Alice and Bob have sex, and both survive the battle. Cue massive SoWhatDoWeDoNow regarding their relationship.
** Bob impregnates Alice. After the battle ends, they're stuck with a child to support.
** Alice and Bob have sex, and one or both winds up getting killed because they're tired out during the battle.
* '''Reconstructed''': Later, Alice and Bob's relationship has gotten boring, but this spices things up again.
It's an important journey you're undertaking, going back to PreClimaxClimax. Wanna get some action before you head out?
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???