'''Basic Trope''': A character must collect several things to cash in for the plot resolution.
* '''Straight''': Jack must collect the Seven Jewels to prevent the DarkLord from ending the world.
* '''Exaggerated''': The Seven Jewels were each chopped into forty-nine pieces and scattered over the world.
* '''Downplayed''': There are only two jewels, and Jack already has one at the beginning.
* '''Justified''': The DarkLord's invulnerability spell required a flaw to work, so he made up an ImpossibleTask that would kill him.
* '''Inverted''': Jack begins his quest holding all the jewels and must place every one of the stones in a different and highly significant location.
** The DarkLord set up the prophecy to distract Jack from his real vulnerability.
** Or to get Jack to gather the Seven Jewels together, an action that will [[NiceJobBreakingItHero give the DarkLord ultimate power]].
* '''Double Subverted''': But TheDragon, who was charged with actually carrying out the job, ensured that the prophecy was accurate.
** After gathering the Seven Dread Jewels and the Five Watery Carbuncles, Jack is told that he must gather all one-hundred-fifty of the original Pokemon. He decides that maybe living under the DarkLord is an acceptable alternative.
** Jack MAKES a prophecy, reasoning that nobody can defeat any aspiring dictators WITHOUT seven jewels, and buys them at a jeweler's shop.
** Jack has to ''[[NoFourthWall buy]]'' [[MediumAwareness the ending]] [[NoFourthWall with the Dark Lord's defeat]], and must collect literal plot coupons until they lower the price enough that he can afford it.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Jack brings the Seven Jewels to defeat the DarkLord, and as above, they cement his power, but the Dragon steps in to ensure the fulfillment of the prophecy - but fails, as the BigBad's power now equals the Dragon's. Meanwhile Jack visits a [[AWizardDidIt wizard]], who crafts a weapon out of the seven jewels that the DarkLord's power cannot affect, because of the jewels, phlebotinum and [[Comicbook/GreenLantern yellow paint]]. Jack [[WhyDontYaJustShootHim cracks his skull.]]
* '''Averted''': Defeating the DarkLord does not require any ''specific'' item.
* '''Enforced''': Making the hero pursue the Seven Dread Jewels and then the Five Watery Carbuncles helps organize the game.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Lemme guess, the only way to beat this guy is to collect all the jewels in one place?"
* '''Invoked''': Making the hero collect the various trinkets tests his skill, ingenuity, and determination.
** The DarkLord knows the Seven Jewels are the only means of defeating him, so he [[MacguffinDeliveryService lets Jack gather them up and take them straight to his front door]], so that he can gain control over all of them in one fell swoop.
** The DarkLord knows where the Seven Jewels are and sends his [[EliteMooks more]] [[MiniBoss powerful]] [[BossBattle troops]] there as an unavoidable trap for the heroes.
* '''Defied''': "Heck with that Seven Dread Jewels nonsense. I bet you the DarkLord isn't expecting us to walk right in and shoot him."
* '''Discussed''': Jack tells his allies right off that the Dark Lord can be defeated with a little force and skill, and they do not need Seven Jewels of Power and Five Watery Carbuncles of Life to defeat him.
* '''Conversed''': "I think I just figured out why all those videogames used to make you collect the fifteen mustard peelers or whatever to win -- it's because that's how many levels the programmer wrote."
* '''Deconstructed''': Characters posing as heroes regularly collect random parts of random artifacts rather than doing anything that would actually help anyone.
* '''Reconstructed''': The characters are being steered subconsciously by genetic engineering or programming to select certain items and gather them together, even though they don't know why.
You must collect the five sacred links back to PlotCoupon to defeat your enemy and save the world.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???