'''Basic Trope''': An enemy that attaches to your character to damage you.
* '''Straight''': The PSI Bug clings to and damages you until you can shake it off.
* '''Exaggerated''': The PSI Bug, once attached, sticks to you forever.
* '''Downplayed''': The PSI Bug only briefly stays attached before losing its grip.
* '''Justified''': The PSI Bug is small enough that it ''needs'' to cling to you to deal damage.
* '''Inverted''': The only way to defeat the PSI Bug is to cling to it.
* '''Subverted''': A swarm of PSI Bugs charge at you... and go around you as they run past.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...then drop onto you from the ceiling as soon as you turn your back.
* '''Parodied''': Every enemy in the game latches onto you, including [[AndCallHimGeorge the ones bigger than you are]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': The PSI Bug latches onto you, and then jumps off to launch a powerful ranged attack, then rushes you again, then does the same attack at point blank range, then jumps off...
* '''Averted''': Enemies are all armed and never get within close range.
* '''Enforced''': "This game needs to be scarier. Let's add an enemy that grabs onto the player out of nowhere that they need to shake off!"
* '''Lampshaded''': "Gah! Why are all the enemies here so... ''clingy''?!"
* '''Invoked''': A character tricks a pursuing enemy into going through a PSI Bug nest, in the hopes they'll slow his pursuer down.
* '''Exploited''': A hungry character shoves an animal carcass into a PSI Bug nest, then harvests all the PSI Bugs clinging to it for extra food.
* '''Defied''': A character sprays himself with repellant before entering the bug-infested forest.
* '''Discussed''': "Ugh, I hate forests like this.... They're always full of tiny little things that grab on and don't let go!"
* '''Conversed''': "Man, those PSI Bugs cling onto ''everything''! You'd think someone would've made a bug spray for them or something."
* '''Deconstructed''': The area PSI Bugs are from looks almost plague-riddled: all the animals, buildings, plants, and people have PSI Bugs on them. They're too ubiquitous to deal with - swat one off, and more just show up to take its place - so people have to ignore them as best they can. Meanwhile, almost everything is dying because of the drain all these parasites put on them.
* '''Reconstructed''': People have developed pesticides and repellant sprays to drive PSI Bugs away from civilized areas. Some lone hero trekking through the wilderness could still run into some, though..
* '''Played For Laughs''': As the party emerges from a thicket, the PluckyComicRelief character is covered with PSI Bugs... and doesn't notice until his teammates mention it.
* '''Played For Drama''':
** PSI Bugs are a serious health threat: not only do they inflict injury, they're almost impossible to get off and can transmit serious diseases.
** Give a PSI bug sixty seconds, and [[BodyHorror it's a part of your body.]] Give a PSI bug sixty minutes, and [[PuppeteerParasite you're a part of its body.]]
Augh! A PersonalSpaceInvader! Getitoffgetitoffgetitoff!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???