'''Basic Trope''': The traits of zombies differ between multiple works.
* '''Straight''': [[FluffyTheTerrible Danny]] is a zombie with super-healing abilities.
* '''Exaggerated''': Danny is a zombie that can grow their entire body back from just a single drop of blood or fleck of skin in minutes.
* '''Downplayed''': Danny's healing abilities are the same rate or slower than a living human's.
* '''Justified''': Danny's zombie body has turned off most of its systems (breathing, heartbeat, etc) and focuses its energy on healing wounds.
* '''Inverted''': Danny is a human with the power to heal zombies.
* '''Implied''': A Public Service Announcement playing on the background on an early scene mentions that practicing your yodeling is essential to your survival. Why something like that would play in the middle of a LockAndLoadMontage full of BFGs and he-men doesn't makes sense... at least at first.
* '''Subverted''': It turns out a voodoo priest is the one supplying the magic to heal zombies.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...But then that same magic is found to linger without his intervention as they turn on their master.
* '''Parodied''': Danny the zombie's arm falls off, and he "heals" it with band-aids and duct tape.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Danny heals a broken toe, then stitches an arm back on, then heals a bullet wound, then stitches a hand back on...
* '''Averted''': Danny just rots and hungers for the flesh of the living.
* '''Enforced''': With all the zombie films and books coming out these days, writers need their stories to stand out.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Man, I thought zombies weren't supposed to heal like that!"
* '''Invoked''': The necromancer that created the zombie strain, having seen all the zombie films known to man, is GenreSavvy enough to know that he cannot go for the "classic" type (because either RealityEnsues and decomposition will make it useless very fast or because he knows other people are GenreSavvy and will immediately aim for the head).
** Someone kills Danny by tearing his chest open, shoving a grenade inside, and letting him heal over the hole before he can get it out.
** Danny gets inside a locked building by tearing off enough body parts to squeeze through a small window, and heals when he gets inside.
* '''Defied''': The voodoo priest that resurrected Danny wants his zombies to be just like the classic zombie films, because he's a fan of those movies.
* '''Discussed''': "As if walking dead ain't enough, now they can grow their arms back too!"
* '''Conversed''': "I really think Romero had it all wrong when he made them so easy to kill..."
* '''Deconstructed''': All the different contradicting stories about zombies' abilities makes it impossible to come up with a failsafe plan to fight them.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Zombies that cannot be killed with headshot but have their heads explode if they hear yodeling.
* '''Played For Drama''': Zombie Emergency Plan Number 1138 was the one which was BoringButPractical, was tactically flexible for any kind of zombie from Romero's to Boyle's to Kirkman's to Brooks', and people assumed would be the best in case of an actual zombie apocalypse... and then it turned out that the zombies were more like a rotten version of ''Film/TheThing1982''. Instead of it being a CozyApocalypse, humanity is completely blind-sided and extinction is right around the corner... and the people InUniverse are decrying that the films lied to them.
* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': TheMovieBuff spends five minutes going through the regular steps to survive a zombie apocalypse, in the style of ''Film/Scream1996''... and two minutes afterwards, the zombies turn out to be able to shoot out their veins like webs to trap people, devour souls and teleport through walls. If he doesn't commits DeathByGenreSavviness, he will spend some time in a HeroicBSOD, mumbling how this isn't like the films.
Back to OurZombiesAreDifferent
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???