'''Basic Trope''': The protagonist has two mentors who're trying to bring him over to their point of view.
* '''Straight''': Alice and Bob are both masters of [[FooFu Trope-Fu]], however Alice is a lumper, while Bob is a splitter. They both try to convince Claire to be their student and adopt their chosen approach.
* '''Exaggerated''': An ancient curse means that Alice and Bob are complete opposites of one another. Whenever one says something to Claire, the other will appear via a ContrivedCoincidence to disagree.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice and Bob both mentor Claire together, giving her their differing opinions, but letting her choose her own path.
* '''Justified''': Alice and Bob are rivals and Claire is a promising student. She's really just another objective for them to quarrel over.
* '''Inverted''': Claire's two students, Alice and Bob, can't agree on what [[TricksterMentor her teachings are]].
* '''Subverted''': Claire can't stand Alice and Bob's bickering and goes with her own philosophy.
* '''Double Subverted''': Dan shows up and it becomes a mentorship MeleeATrois as Alice, Bob and Claire try to make him their student.
* '''Parodied''': Alice and Bob both argue and fight with each other to try and give Claire her lesson for the day.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Alice and Bob sometimes agree to teach Claire and other times one of them can't teach her anything without the other butting in DependingOnTheWriter.
* '''Averted''': Claire chooses either Alice or Bob as a mentor and the one she doesn't choose respects the decision and looks elsewhere for a student.
* '''Enforced''': Since the villain isn't introduced, Alice and Bob are written in instead of a single mentor in order to create a conflict and give Claire a chance for some CharacterDevelopment.
* '''Lampshaded''': "So...are either of you going to teach me anything or are you just going to argue?"
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': Claire plays on Alice and Bob's rivalry in order to get them to mentor her in order to one up each other.
* '''Defied''': Claire decides to learn something else to avoid being caught up in Alice and Bob's rivalry.
* '''Discussed''': "This is Alice and this is Bob. They're my [[FooFu Trope-Fu]] sensei when they aren't arguing."
* '''Conversed''': "Oh, a second mentor, I bet they aren't going to see eye to eye."
* '''Deconstructed''': Alice and Bob spend more time bickering than teaching Claire anything.
* '''Reconstructed''': Through their bickering Claire is able to see both sides of the argument and ends up stronger than both of them as a result.
* '''Played for Laughs''': Claire often finds herself [[RuleOfSymbolism standing between]] Alice and Bob as they argue back and forth.
* '''Played for Drama''': Alice becomes furious that Claire doesn't drop Bob as a mentor [[MentorOccupationalHazard and kills him]] with a DangerousForbiddenTechnique, which causes her to given in to TheCorruption.
->'''Bob''': I suppose you could go back to OpposedMentors if you want, but why not use [[OpposedMentors this much cooler]] PotHole instead of that lame WikiWord?\\
'''Alice''': Use WikiWords, PotHoles aren't a good choice for this sort of link.\\
'''Bob''': Says you. PotHoles avoid breaking the sentence!\\
'''Alice''': Yeah says me, cretin.\\
'''Bob''': You take that back!\\
'''Alice''': Make me, Pot [[CurseCutShort Wh-]]\\
'''ADMIN''': ''[[TakeAThirdOption Please be cool when you edit. Rudeness is not cool.]]''
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???