'''Basic Trope''': Secret content is unlocked in a game if you have played another game.
* '''Straight''': In ''Troperia Legends 2'', an NPC in the second town of the game will give you the [[DiskOneNuke Sword of Dis'kun-Uk]] if you have save data from the first ''Troperia Legends'' on your memory card.
* '''Exaggerated''': The entire second half of ''Troperia Legends 9'' is unavailable to play unless you have save data from every other ''Troperia Legends'' game with HundredPercentCompletion on your memory card.
* '''Downplayed''': If you have save data from ''Troperia Legends'' on your memory card, an NPC will give you 1000 gold coins, enough to save you about one hour of grinding.
* '''Justified''': In-story, its assumed that you completed only the bare minimum of the previous games. The reward is for something in an optional SideQuest.
** If you play ''Troperia Legends 2'' with no save data from the first game on your memory card, an NPC will give you the DiskOneNuke. If you have save data, he will say that you look experienced enough that you won't need it.
** If you have save data from ''Troperia Lengends 2'' on your memory card when playing the first game, you start the game at a much higher level and have better gear than if you started without.
* '''Subverted''': After you beat ''Troperia Legends'', the game tells you to save your game to unlock a special surprise in the sequel. However, said surprise had to be DummiedOut because of time or budget constraints.
* '''Double Subverted''': Instead of unlocking something in ''Troperia Legends 2'', the save data unlocks special [[AndYourRewardIsClothes alternate costumes]] in ''Troperia Legends 3''.
* '''Parodied''': Importing a save from ''Troperia Legends'' is a joke. Doing so causes every dungeon you raided before to still be empty. There are no enemies left. [[VictoryIsBoring Thus leaving you an adventurer in a world without any adventure left.]]
* '''Zig Zagged''': Having ''Troperia Legends'' data on your memory card replaces some optional dungeons with different ones, so you gain additional content, but lose some too.
* '''Averted''': Having ''Troperia Legends'' save data on your memory card has no effect on the sequels.
* '''Enforced''': This encourages the purchase of the other games.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Hey, shouldn't I get something for saving you all last year... I did save the universe last year, didn't I?"
* '''Invoked''': ???
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': ???
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Played For Drama''': Importing the old save leads to a massive PlayerPunch later in the game as you must kill your old set of heroes after they have fallen victim to TheCorruption.
Back to OldSaveBonus
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???