'''Basic Trope''': A character realises that they are in deep trouble.
* '''Straight''': [[SmugSnake Seymour]] sees [[TheHero Bob]] coming towards him and widens his eyes in fright, stepping back in fear.
** Seymour suffers from a VillainousBSOD.
* '''Downplayed''': Seymour blinks and flinches for a split second, but is back to normal right after.
* '''Justified''': Seymour was previously established to be overconfident and unable to handle a potential failure very well. And Bob is known not to be very merciful to his enemies.
** Seymour becomes [[DeathSeeker delighted]] before Bob beats him up and/or kills him, perhaps because Seymour thinks he [[MyGodWhatHaveIDone deserves it]] or has been [[BreakTheHaughty broken]].
** Seymour looks panicky, but then reveals that [[OhCrapFakeout he was faking it]]. He then dispatches Bob in a cloud of dust.
** Seymour realizes he's about to die, and his eyes widen...then he breaks into a [[ObiWanMoment sad chuckle]] and [[FaceDeathWithDignity stands resolute]].
* '''Double Subverted''': Bob emerges from the cloud of dust [[NoSell completely unharmed]] and Seymour's reaction is genuine this time.
* '''Parodied''': Seymour becomes so frightened that he explodes before Bob gets to dish out punishment.
* '''Zig Zagged''':
** Seymour is repeatedly put into this position, but at some moments he/she weathers the worst punishment without so much as a whimper, yet at other times is frightened out of his wits.
** Seymour looks panicky, but then reveals that he was faking it. He then dispatches Bob in a cloud of dust. Then Bob comes out from the cloud of dust and Seymour's reaction is genuine this time. Or was it? Seymour's expression relaxes as he dispatches Bob again, in LudicrousGibs. But Bob can heal FromASingleCell, and Seymour's expression is [[SarcasmMode totally genuine this time...]] [[OverlyLongGag Rinse and repeat.]]
* '''Averted''': Seymour is never in an OhCrap position, or doesn't react to the beatdown.
* '''Enforced''': "Let's have Seymour swear when he realizes that Bob's about to beat him to a pulp - the audience will [[AssholeVictim want to see the grin wiped off his face at some point]]."
* '''Lampshaded''': Seymour says; "I think this is the part when I say OhCrap."
* '''Invoked''': A GenreSavvy Character disables Seymour and invites Bob over to sort him out.
* '''Exploited''': A GenreSavvy deputy to Seymour uses his reaction as a cue [[ScrewThisImOuttaHere to beat it]].
* '''Defied''': Seymour is embarrassed by the thought of being put into an OhCrap situation and rearranges matters to prevent himself from ever falling into danger at Bob's hands.
* '''Discussed''': The deputy talks about Seymour's last OhCrap moment and Seymour tells him to shut up.
* '''Conversed''': "Look at Seymour's expression. He knows that he's in for a beatdown."
** Bob is disturbed by how frightened Seymour seems to be and realizes that he is still human, even if he's a jerk.
** Seymour's surprise sets him off-guard and leads to his defeat.
* '''Reconstructed''': Bob offers the frightened Seymour a second chance. Ideally, Seymour [[HeelFaceTurn leaps at the chance]] and learns AnAesop.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Seymour delivers his OhCrap reaction in the most deadpan manner possible.
No wait, don't go back there! ... OhCrap!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???