'''Basic Trope''': A character realises that they are in deep trouble.
* '''Straight''': [[SmugSnake Seymour]] sees [[TheHero Bob]] coming towards him and widens his eyes in fright, stepping back in fear.
* '''Exaggerated''': Seymour suffers from a VillainousBSOD.
* '''Downplayed''': Seymour blinks and flinches for a split second, but is back to normal right after.
* '''Justified''': Seymour was previously established to be overconfident and unable to handle a potential failure very well. And Bob is known not to be very merciful to his enemies.
** Seymour becomes [[DeathSeeker delighted]] before Bob beats him up and/or kills him, perhaps because Seymour thinks he [[MyGodWhatHaveIDone deserves it]] or has been [[BreakTheHaughty broken]].
** Seymour looks panicky, but then reveals that he was faking it. He then dispatches Bob in a cloud of dust.
** Seymour realizes he's about to die, and his eyes widen...then he breaks into a [[ObiWanMoment sad chuckle]] and [[FaceDeathWithDignity stands resolute]].
* '''Double Subverted''': Bob comes out from the cloud of dust and Seymour's reaction is genuine this time.
* '''Parodied''': Seymour becomes so frightened that he explodes before Bob gets to dish out punishment.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Seymour is repeatedly put into this position, but at some moments he/she weathers the worst punishment without so much as a whimper, yet at other times is frightened out of his wits.
* '''Averted''': Seymour is never in an OhCrap position, or doesn't react to the beatdown.
* '''Enforced''': "Let's have Seymour swear when he realizes that Bob's about to beat him to a pulp - the audience will [[AssholeVictim want to see the grin wiped off his face at some point]]."
* '''Lampshaded''': The GenreSavvy Seymour says; "I think this is the part when I say OhCrap."
* '''Invoked''': A GenreSavvy Character disables Seymour and invites Bob over to sort him out.
* '''Exploited''': A GenreSavvy deputy to Seymour uses his reaction as a cue [[ScrewThisImOuttaHere to beat it]].
* '''Defied''': Seymour is embarrassed by the thought of being put into an OhCrap situation and rearranges matters to prevent himself from ever falling into danger at Bob's hands.
* '''Discussed''': The deputy talks about Seymour's last OhCrap moment and Seymour tells him to shut up.
* '''Conversed''': "Look at Seymour's expression. He knows that he's in for a beatdown."
** Bob is disturbed by how frightened Seymour seems to be and realizes that he is still human, even if he's a jerk.
** Seymour's surprise sets him off-guard and leads to his defeat.
* '''Reconstructed''': Bob offers the frightened Seymour a second chance. Ideally, Seymour [[HeelFaceTurn leaps at the chance]] and learns AnAesop.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Seymour delivers his OhCrap reaction in the most deadpan manner possible.
No wait, don't go back there! ... OhCrap!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???