'''Basic Trope''': A character is able to appear anywhere, at any time, without having to actually travel to the location, so long as the camera is not looking.
* '''Straight''': Alice confronts Bob The Killer in a house; Alice runs through the living room and throws open the front door... only to find Bob on the porch waiting for her.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice confronts Bob The Killer in the basement; Alice runs up the stairs and through the front door, hurries to her car and locks herself in... only for Bob to [[DangerTakesABackseat pop up from the back seat]].
* '''Downplayed''': ???
** Bob The Killer is CrazyPrepared; he has been studying Alice very carefully so as to predict where she'll run to, or else he is extremely familiar with the location, and this allows him to take improbable but technically plausible shortcuts.
** Alternatively, Bob is a supernatural entity, and this is established to be one of his normal abilities.
** "Bob The Killer" is actually two or more people in the same disguise.
* '''Inverted''': Bob The Killer is chasing Alice out the front door; as Bob reaches the door Alice is abruptly half a mile away and still going, thus making it look like Alice has used OffscreenTeleportation to Bob.
* '''Subverted''': Alice runs out the front door... only to find Bob waiting on the porch. But surprise, it's just Charlie, wearing a mask and pulling a prank.
* '''Double Subverted''': But then Bob suddenly looms up behind Charlie.
** Alice locks Bob in the baseent, runs out to her car, drives to New York City, hitches a ride to Los Angeles, stows away aboard a flight to Singapore, then stows away aboard ''another'' flight back to Honolulu but grabs a parachute and hops out mid-flight; she lands on [[GilligansIsland an uncharted desert island]], all alone... only for Bob to [[TheCatCameBack pop out from behind a palm tree]].
** Alice is confronted with [[ScoobyDoobyDoors a series of doors]]... with Bob lurking behind ''each'' and ''every one'' of them.
** Bob can be seen in the background of certain shots, scurrying to get into position in order to invoke the trope.
* '''Zig Zagged''': At times in the movie, Bob The Killer is seemingly unescapable. However, when Alice learns to be afraid of every door, Bob is nowhere to be found... for just long enough to give a break in the action before Bob is hot on her tail again.
* '''Averted''': Bob The Killer never appears in any location which he could not logically reach in the allotted time.
* '''Enforced''': "Wouldn't it be [[RuleOfScary wicked scary]] if Bob The Killer popped out in front of Alice right here?"
* '''Lampshaded''': "Holy crap! Just where did you spring from?"
* '''Invoked''': After escaping Bob The Killer, Alice says "I bet he'll have already caught up with me."
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Alice escapes Bob's reach. The camera pans back to where Bob once was... to reveal him gone. The camera then pans back to Alice with dramatic music... revealing nothing behind her.
* '''Discussed''': "No matter how far you run, Alice... I can catch you."
* '''Conversed''': "Just watch, the killer's gonna jump out from behind that tree."
* '''Deconstructed''': Bob The Killer's ability to move improbably only functions when nobody is watching him, and if Alice were to keep eyes locked on him, he is only able to move normally.
* '''Reconstructed''': Alice takes advantage of this and keeps him in sight but at a safe distance until Bob can be apprehended.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Bob The Killer is right on Alice's heels as she throws open the front door... only to find Bob on the porch waiting for her. She turns to run back inside... only to find Bob inside waiting for her. Alice can only stand there in the doorway, turning back and forth and finding Bob standing both in front and behind her seemingly simultaneously.
* '''Played For Drama''': Alice is so obsessed with Bob The Killer (or, more likely, with her crippling fear of him) that she sees him everywhere she goes, and this begins to interfere with her ability to live a normal life -- but it's not really Bob The Killer, it's all in Alice's head. Or is it?
The killer's already waiting for you back at OffscreenTeleportation.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???