'''Basic Trope''': A character is ignorant of and confused by social customs, usually due to an isolated or neglected upbringing.
* '''Straight''': Alice has below-average social skills and prefers to be alone to being with other people.
* '''Exaggerated''': Alice acts like an animal in every way, including eating grass and walking around naked all the time.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice has a decent grasp on most overt social nuances but is blind to subtle cues and implied meanings, [[LiteralMinded taking everything at face value]].
** Alice has autism or Asperger's and really does have a hard time grasping social cues.
** [[FunnyForeigner Alice isn't from around here.]]
** Alice was RaisedByWolves.
** Alice's social skills are far better than those of the average human.
* '''Subverted''': Alice prefers to spend time alone, but when she actually talks to people, her behaviors are relatively normal.
* '''Double Subverted''': ... Because she was in a good mood. When she is unhappy, her communication skills shoot downward.
* '''Parodied''': Alice is the FunnyForeigner.
* '''Zig Zagged''': A partial knowledge of social skills makes her waver between quite sociable and being completely asocial.
* '''Averted''': Alice was raised in an isolated tower by her paranoid mother. Despite all that, she eventually comes into contact with society and has no trouble interacting with people.
* '''Enforced''': "Everyone has said or done the wrong thing at the wrong time at least once. So why not make a character who does it all the time?"
* '''Lampshaded''': "Alice is so rude. Was she raised by wolves?"
* '''Invoked''': Alice considers social customs to be silly, so she chooses not to learn them.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': Alice's parents don't want her to be out of place, so they send her to school.
* '''Discussed''': "Alice is a bit odd, isn't she? I mean, with the [[LonersAreFreaks never wanting anything to do with other people]] and [[CloudCuckoolander odd behavior]] and what not. Should we ask about her home situation?"
* '''Conversed''': "Well, look here, it's another weirdo character! They're going to reveal that her parents are cavemen or something, aren't they?"
* '''Deconstructed''': Alice suffers neglect and ostracism, and is considered a second-class citizen due to her strangeness.
* '''Reconstructed''': Alice suffers neglect and ostracism, and is considered a second-class citizen due to her strangeness. She then makes a unique contribution to society by bringing together everything she's learned from her experiences.
What are you doing??? Oh. You just want to get back to NoSocialSkills.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???