'''Basic Trope''': A character can ignore someone's powers or doesn't take any visible damage.
* '''Straight''': Bob lands every hit he can on Emperor Evulz, but Emperor Evulz keeps going.
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob uses all of his most powerful abilities in quick succession to try to defeat Emperor Evulz. Emperor Evulz dusts himself off and laughs that Bob ''still'' didn't damage him.
* '''Downplayed''': Emperor Evulz ''is'' hurt, but he's just very good at making it seem like he hasn't been.
* '''Justified''': Evulz' ability is that he is incredibly resilient.
** Bob kills Evulz simply by lightly touching him.
** Bob's attack power so grossly exceeds Evulz' defences [[NoSavingThrow that his attack cleaves right through without losing any damage]].
* '''Subverted''': Evulz is actually knocked down by all of Bob's efforts.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...And then Evulz gets up again.
* '''Parodied''': Bob hits Evulz with a sledgehammer. [[EpicFail The sledgehammer crumbles into dust]].
* '''Zig Zagged''': Evulz is immune to Bob's gun, but not his fists, but is immune to all of Bob's special powers and moves...except the DangerousForbiddenTechnique.
* '''Averted''': [[InactionSequence The entire series is based on posturing]] [[BadassBoast and bragging, so we never see Evulz' claims put to the test.]]
* '''Enforced''': Evulz was given the power to No Sell Bob's attacks precisely so that Bob doesn't become an InvincibleHero.
* '''Lampshaded''': "Look up the word 'invincible' in the dictionary. There's a picture of me right next to it."
* '''Invoked''': Evilz knows that bob's [[PsychoactivePowers powers are psychoactive]], and [[ClapYourHandsIfYouBelieve powered by his own belief in himself.]] Thus, he acts like he's invincible and don't feel Bob's attacks, which in the case of Bob's powers are exactly as good as [[YourMindMakesItReal being invincible and not feeling his attacks.]]
** Bob correctly guesses his attacks can't hurt Evilz, and so he uses them to blind him and impede his passage instead.
** Evulz uses this to terrify Bob into submission.
* '''Defied''': Bob doesn't attack Evulz at all... unless he has access to Evulz's WeaksauceWeakness.
* '''Discussed''': "Please tell me he's not gonna walk that off like it never even happened."
* '''Conversed''': ???
Back to NoSell
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Deconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Reconstructed''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???