'''Basic Trope''': Female characters never accomplish anything by themselves. They always have a man to thank for their achievements in one way or another.
* '''Straight''': Maureen, a seasoned ActionGirl who achieved a lot through continuous endeavours and training, never could get to where she is now if she wasn't the daughter of Bruno, a RetiredBadass who taught her how to master her emotions and make rational decisions, and the lover of Tobias, an ActionHero, who trained her and taught her how to fight and survive.
** Maureen wouldn't even know how to handle herself on a daily basis without a man around.
** Maureen is an ActionGirl who was designed to be the perfect fighter [[TrulySingleParent in a lab by her father, trained by her father,]] and despite being a grown, badass woman, acts like a DaddysGirl.
** Maureen owes her fighting skills to her father Bruno...who paid for her to go to Amazon Fighting School.
** Maureen is a [[WastelandElder clan diplomat, arbitrator,]] [[GrandeDame matchmaker or similar office,]] in a [[TheClan tribal society]] ''Of course'' her success comes from family. Family is her ''job.'' But she would not have had the job if she had not impressed people with her intelligence and wisdom.
* '''Justified''': Maureen comes from a culture where LineageComesFromTheFather and who usually dismisses females as second-class citizens.
** Maureen followed in her father's footsteps, [[WellDoneSonGuy because she believed that he always wanted a son to follow in his footsteps, and she wanted his approval.]]
** Bruno trained hard to become the best fighter, but could not get to where he is now if he wasn't the father of Maureen.
** [[TheChewtoy Alice]] ''would'' be very powerful... if it weren't for her father and boyfriend, who have (intentionally or not) torpedoed her every chance of making something of herself.
* '''GenderFlipped''': Tobias, an ActionHero, honed his fighting skills and survival techniques thanks to his mother who trained him from childhood.
* '''Subverted''': Maureen is very GenreSavvy and knows all to well that NoGuyWantsAnAmazon. Hence, she makes believe that she got into the business thanks to parental pressure. But in actuality, she chose that lifestyle herself, without using any connections to get to her current position.
* '''Double Subverted''': ...However it turns out that, even with her best efforts, she still ends up needing her dad or Tobias to help her dealing with her everyday tasks.
* '''Parodied''': Maureen's father and boyfriend are both incompetent idiots who accidentally teach Maureen several moves, yet she still have them to thank for.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Maureen only became a good fighter with the help of Tobias, but Tobias is actually revealed to be [[SweetPollyOliver Tabitha]], who herself had to be trained by her father. However, Tabitha's father was only successful because he was taught by his sister...
** Relationships to the men in her life are irrelevant to Maureen's line of work, whichever it is.
** Maureen, a seasoned ActionGirl who achieved a lot through continuous endeavours and training, never could get to where she is now if she wasn't the daughter of Michelle, another ActionGirl.
** The writer believes that women can't be successful (for whatever reason(s)) without a man by her side.
** "[[ViewersAreMorons Male viewers/readers]] [[NoGuyWantsAnAmazon always feel threatened by strong female characters]]. Make Maureen's father and husband stronger and better than she is, else she will never appeal to the male audience."
* '''Lampshaded''': "Maureen, honey, don't fool yourself. Without your dad and your man, you're pretty much useless."
* '''Invoked''': Maureen's father taught her from young not to be too independent.
* '''Exploited''': "Don't worry [[TheGoodChancellor Chancellor Bob.]] Every haughty FeudalOverlord in TheKingdom will think [[DaddysGirl my girl]] Alice just got [[TheWomanWearingTheQueenlyMask the throne]] because I have no sons. She'll eat them all alive while they are [[UnderestimatingBadassery underestimating her.]]"
* '''Defied''': "You know, just because I'm Bruno's daughter doesn't mean my dad has anything to do with me being good at what I'm doing."
* '''Discussed''': "What's up with all the questions about my father, uncles and brother? It's like you can't accept that I got my physics degree on my own effort."
* '''Conversed''': "And out of nowhere comes Maureen saying she owes it all to her father, even though her mother is standing right. there. I hate Hollywood scriptwriting."
** Because everyone believes Maureen is only a DaddysGirl with no actual skill of her own, everyone disregards her input and her skills whenever she comes up with a solution.
** Maureen feels OvershadowedByAwesome by her father, and eventually quits or joins the villains in order to step out of his shadow.
** ...and then it is revealed that it's not her father who taught her but her mother.
** Her father only taught Maureen the basics; she developed her own moves by herself.
** The men in her life gave her her start; she eventually evolved to stand on her own.
** HypocriticalHumor, where a FridgeHorror occurs to everyone afterwards that they couldn't be what they are today either without their parent, loved ones and friend's support.
Back to NeverASelfMadeWoman
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???