'''Basic Trope''': A dangerous toy.
* '''Straight''': 8-year old Bob has a ''Hiro the Ninja'' action figure that throws toy shurikens with enough force to injure people.
* '''Exaggerated''': The ''Hiro the Ninja'' toyline includes a "Toy" [[KatanasAreJustBetter katana that is just as sharp and deadly as a real one]], and the same company makes BB guns that fire with enough power to kill someone.
* '''Downplayed''': ''Hiro the Ninja'' is a [[TruthInTelevision choking hazard]], but that's pretty much the only hazard.
* '''Justified''': The toy company was negligent.
* '''Inverted''': Bob, while playing in the basement, finds a collection of real guns and knives that are so poorly designed they can't injure him.
* '''Subverted''': Dave sues the company that made the toys, claiming that they are responsible for [[EyeScream blinding him in one eye]]. However, [[FrivolousLawsuit he was just lying to scam the company]].
* '''Double Subverted''': Even though Dave's injury was unrelated to the toys (or he ''has no injury'' and was lying), testing shows that they do pose a real threat if misused.
* '''Parodied''': The tie-in toyline to a MerchandiseDriven HumongousMecha series features fully-functional 10-story mechs with functioning guns and laser cannons. The ensuing massive destruction is shrugged off by adults as "kids' games".
* '''Zig Zagged''': The katana that comes with the Hiro the Ninja toy is a harmless plastic replica. The shurikens that come with it, however are real but unsharpened. On the other hand, the rifle that comes with the Teddy the Rough Rider action figure ''is a fully functional rifle'' but the Bowie knife that comes with the toy is a harmless plastic replica.
** Nobody is hurt by the toys.
** No toys are shown.
* '''Enforced''': "[[AdultFear You know what really scares parents?]] The risk of their children getting severely hurt. And what are children often left unsupervised with? Toys."
* '''Lampshaded''': "Whoa, a kid's toy made that injury?"
* '''Invoked''': The villain owns a toy company and wants Bob dead for whatever reason, so he tries to kill him through dangerous toys.
* '''Exploited''': During a movie's climax, the BigBad takes over the city, ruling with an iron fist, and has his minions take every weapon in order to prevent people from fighting back. However, the minions overlook the BB guns and ''Hiro the Ninja'' action figures and katanas as mere toys, meaning that the heroes [[SurprisinglyHappyEnding can use them to defeat the villain]].
* '''Defied''': Strict quality control laws are passed in order to prevent any dangerous toy from being manufactured.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "A toy like that would never be legal in real life."
* '''Implied''': Bob is playing with his Hiro the Ninja action figure. The next scene shows an ambulance pulling up to his house.
* '''Deconstructed''': After someone is seriously injured or killed by a ''Hiro the Ninja'' toy, the government steps in and bans it. Lawsuits are then filed against the company that manufactured the toy, driving them out of business.
* '''Reconstructed''': ''Hiro the Ninja'' is tremendously popular with the adult collectors and another company starts manufacturing them but they are marketed for adults only and with the attendant safety warnings.
* '''Played For Laughs''': Bob accidentally injures his father with a poorly aimed shot from his ''Hiro the Ninja'' action figure. His father sighs and bandages up his one of many toy-induced injuries.
* '''Played For Drama''': Bob accidentally kills his father with an unfortunately aimed shot from his ''Hiro the Ninja'' action figure, resulting in life-long psychological trauma and a crippling fear of toys.
Go back to MyLittlePanzer before you put someone's eye out!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???