'''Basic Trope''': A character believes his/her significant other is cheating on them.
* '''Straight''': Alice sees her boyfriend Bob and his friend Claire alone together and assumes he's cheating.
* '''Exaggerated''': Bob strikes up an innocuous conversation with Claire, which arouses Alice's suspicions.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice sees Bob staring at Claire's chest and assumes he's blatantly checking her out. Really he's just astonished by Claire's ugly shirt.
** Alice's previous boyfriend cheated on her, so she's more likely to assume other guys are cheating.
** Or Bob has a known history of cheating of his girlfriends, but is working hard to amend his ways.
** Bob and Claire make out in front of Alice - and she doesn't suspect a thing.
** Alice suspects Bob of everything but cheating, only to learn that he was having an affair with Claire.
* '''Subverted''': It turns out Bob really ''was'' cheating on Alice.
* '''Double Subverted''': With her clone.
* '''Parodied''': Alice, of all people, turns out to be the other woman.
* '''Zig Zagged''': However, it turns out Bob really WAS cheating on her, with Alice's Sister, who asked Claire to tell Alice nothing happened between Claire and Bob.
* '''Averted''': Alice doesn't assume Bob is cheating.
* '''Enforced''': "Alice and Bob are happy, right? We can't have that!"
* '''Lampshaded''': "I hope Alice doesn't think there's anything between us!"
* '''Invoked''': When Bob believes Alice is losing interest in him, he starts hanging around with Claire to make her jealous.
* '''Exploited''': Charlie tries to confirm Alice's suspicions. So that she will leave Bob & [[LoveTriangle start going out with him]].
* '''Defied''': Bob refuses to even do anything that could be construed as romantic with any other females, because he doesn't want to make Alice assume anything.
* '''Discussed''': "It's all a mistake! I wasn't cheating!"
* '''Conversed''': "Oh, wow, another plot where she thinks he's cheating on her."
* '''Deconstructed''': Alice's constant suspicions start to derail the relationship and end up destroying it, as the constantly-faithful Bob decides he's had enough of it.
* '''Reconstructed''': Claire is eventually able to prove Bob's innocence, leading Alice to try to win Bob back over and repair their relationship.
Honey, I can explain the LipstickMark, the bra in my bed, and the photos! Just go back to MistakenForCheating!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???