'''Basic Trope''': Two of the same character fight each other. May or may not have ties to the story.
* '''Straight''': Two identical Alices exist for some reason. They fight.
* '''Exaggerated''': It's very common to see fights breaking out between the exact same person.
* '''Downplayed''': Alice faces another trainee using her moves, and they look pretty similar but it's clear this other girl has a life of her own.
* '''Justified''': One of the Alices is her EvilTwin from the MirrorUniverse.
* '''Inverted''': ScrewYourself.
* '''Subverted''': One Alice turns out to actually be Carol wearing [[LatexPerfection an Alice mask]].
* '''Double Subverted''': So does the other.
* '''Parodied''': Alice beats up somebody wearing a [[PaperThinDisguise Paper Thin Alice disguise]]. They do a FearfulSymmetry anyway.
* '''Zig Zagged''': ???
** The two Alices get along quite well.
** Or Alice fights against a completely different person that has no significant similarity to herself.
* '''Enforced''': "People like to use their character for a fighting game, let's just make them able to do that."
* '''Lampshaded''': "Seems there's a clone of Alice running around. Bet you ten bucks they get into a fight."
* '''Invoked''': "Hey Alice, I made a clone with your moves."
* '''Exploited''': Alice decides to clone herself in order to better understand her fighting style and improve it.
* '''Defied''': When Alice finds out they're making a clone of her with all her fighting abilities, [[ShootTheDog she decides to kill her]] [[ThePlotReaper before they finish her development.]]
* '''Discussed''': "I can't help but wonder why it's like fighting yourself in these games, I mean, it's a bit unnerving."
* '''Conversed''': "Man, Alice is so [[GameBreaker broken]], it's common to see her fight herself."
* '''Deconstructed''': The two Alices get into a FearfulSymmetry match, ending in a DoubleKnockout. Repeatedly.
* '''Reconstructed''': One Alice catches on after the second or so round, and makes a backwards move that causes the other Alice to stumble over a curb that wasn't present on the first Alice's side. With the symmetry broken, the match proceeds.
Back to [[MirrorMatch the other version of this trope]]. They'll do battle later.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???