'''Basic Trope''': A military organization with very lax discipline and rules of hierarchy
* '''Straight''': Pvt. Jones of Bravo Squad routinely calls Bravo Commander by her first name.
* '''Exaggerated''': Everyone in the Troperia Army from the lowliest private to the highest ranked general goes by their first names and can get away with gross breaches in protocol.
* '''Downplayed''': Bravo Squad is filled with veterans, and is slightly lax with protocol compared to others because they are all used to fighting with one another, and they're [[TrueCompanions very close.]]
** Bravo Squad is an elite special forces squad so they get a little more leeway when it comes to regulations - or they're outright trained to regard themselves as separate from and better than the rest of the Army.
** Bravo Squad is a hastily recruited RagtagBunchOfMisfits.
** Or due a protracted war, the military has been forced to [[LoweredRecruitingStandards lower their recruiting standards]].
** Bravo Squad's constant flouting of protocol is tolerated because their unorthodox methods get results.
** Bravo Squad is the code name for a BarbarianTribe allied to the army. They never heard of conventional military methods back in their wilderness country.
** Bravo Squad is from the Air Force.
** The civilian company Troperia Electronics Inc. is run more like an army — complete with saluting, ranks, uniform, ''extremely'' strict protocol, hierarchy and discipline.
** Pvt. Jones of Bravo Squad faces hard labor...[[DisproportionateRetribution for failing to salute his CO]].
** When Bravo Squad is first met, they are very loose and informal. But when they enter combat, they lose their informal attitude.
** The local police force is more militaristic than what the regular army is in every aspect.
* '''Double Subverted''': Bravo Squad acts professional for the sake of appearances when inspected.
* '''Parodied''': You get put in the brig for trying to enforce the regulations.
* '''Zig Zagged''': The discipline of Bravo Squad varies. Sometimes they are very loose and informal. Other times they are very strict about rules and regulations.
* '''Averted''': Bravo Squad has a strict emphasis on discipline and protocol.
* '''Enforced''': The creator knows nothing about the military.
** "Gee, the Bravo Squad doesn't seem to be very professional for a group of elite soldiers."
** Pvt. Jones routinely calls Bravo Commander [[EmbarrassingNickname "Slappy".]]
* '''Invoked''': Bravo Squad was specifically created out of hand-picked individuals and trained with little emphasis on discipline, in the hopes that they would work together naturally and be more effective for it.
* '''Exploited''': [[MisfitMobilizationMoment The platoon leader assigns Bravo Squad]] to duties befitting a RagtagBunchOfMisfits, often letting them conduct unconventional operations or letting them do their own thing. After all, they [[ConfusionFu tend to surprise the enemy as much as they surprise their commanders]].
* '''Defied''': The platoon leader intervenes and starts working Bravo Squad into shape, replacing some sergeants and putting pressure on others, as well as the unit leader, to smarten up. "There are no cowboys in this platoon!"
* '''Discussed''': "I wonder if it's true that elite soldiers are less strict when it comes to regulations?"
* '''Conversed''': "Oh, this is another one of those wacky goofball units that apparently never went through basic."
* '''Implied''': The soldiers on the base have somewhat sloppy dress uniforms.
** Bravo Squad gets their ass handed to them during their first real battle due to their total lack of discipline.
** Bravo Squad becomes the laughingstock of the Troperia Army and the public because of their lack of discipline.
* '''Reconstructed''': The lack of discipline leads to a disastrous defeat, but they partially redeem themselves because their focus on individual initiative and loose organization make them surprisingly good at guerilla warfare.
Just waltz on back to MildlyMilitary while not saluting that general over there.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???